Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Do other members mind???
 EmRose Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/14/2015 6:54:48 AM reply with quote send message to EmRose Kennel Object to Post   

Do others users mind if you message them about things if you don't actually know them? For example there's a kennel that has a very good dog out with the same SOP as one of mine and they keep kicking my ass in shows Lol and I want to message them and be like "damn you! " in good fun only!! Or if I see someone bring out a new dog that's good or recently I noticed a new kennel/member in my breed and I wanted to reach out but don't want to seem creepy. My husband and I both got back into the game recently and we're having a lot of fun. thanks for any input!
 KC golden meadows
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2015 8:25:30 AM reply with quote send message to KC golden meadows Object to Post

Personally everybody has been very nice I have a few kennels that don't mind my questions I even IM arrosa on an offer on a puppy and she accepted I whas very thankful puppy was'nt up for sale that was even nicer Blazzo has helped me a lot helped me get into rotties. So I sa go for it
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2015 11:02:06 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

If we share a breed you can be as creepy as you want with me! laugh :D

I personally love getting messages from people if it's about how my dog is doing, for just joining a breed, or even just to chat! I have a breed that isn't very chatty, but for one kennel. A second one isn't as chatty either, but I had a few that I message back and forth with, but one breed we are chatty with each other. Not Keeshond chatty, but we keep in touch quite regularly. happy :)

So I say, go for it! Worst that will happen is they won't respond. laugh :D
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2015 11:51:03 AM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

I wouldn't mind. I often reach out to welcome new people if they buy a dog from me or I see they have entered a dog in one of my breeds. I also congrat folks either with a PM or in the forum for speciality wins or show placements.
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2015 1:15:46 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

I wouldn't mind either! It's nice to get messages from others.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2015 2:45:00 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

I'm always happy to message back and forth, you soon get to know who is friendly and helpful (and who isn't interested!).

I say try it (however I wouldn't suggest you message anyone and say "damn you"wink ;), maybe if a particular kennel regularly 'kicks your ass' you might try appealing to their better nature, explaining you are new and would love to make up a dog and will they help you by a) entering upcoming class dogs rather than top SOPs b) sell you a dog that will finish easily even with stiff competition

Failing that buy a dog off a kennel that will guarantee to support entries to help you make the dog up.
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/14/2015 3:41:36 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

I would be a bit wary about the first part unless you have had regular correspondence, and they accept your sense of humour.
But it is worth trying getting a chat up. I love the regular chat with the Keesies both on the forum and any private, and miss that with my other kennel in the Norwegian Buhunds. If they don't reply or don't want too, then leave well enough alone. If you want to chat in the Buhunds I am Rensvik - and we have a rather dormant thread happy :)

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 6/14/2015 3:43:45 PM
 EmRose Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2015 9:21:13 PM reply with quote send message to EmRose Kennel Object to Post

I certainly wouldn't cuss at anyone I assure you!!I just meant friendly banter, friendly competition. I like to see good dogs come out that are good competition, trust me most of the time I'm not the one doing the winning Lol
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2015 2:49:22 AM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

it doesnt bother me about breed stuff. The only time I get annoyed when people message me that I dont personally know is when its "hey go vote in this poll" mail - that annoys me. About keeshonds or a specific dog or something is fine.

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.