Replies in this thread : 36
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Show us your show dogs!
 Nouveau
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/13/2015 3:40:49 PM reply with quote send message to Nouveau Object to Post   

I thought it would be nice to have a thread where could all share pictures of our show dogs and dogs we show, as well as some info about them and our dog show experiences.

I have been involved in the dog world for 8 years, and first set foot in a show ring about 5 years ago. I have been mentored in, and worked with a vast number of breeds. The breeds I have taken into the ring are Afghan Hounds, Alaskan Malamutes, American Eskimo Dogs, Border Terriers, Chow Chows, Rough Collies, German Shepherd Dogs, Great Danes, Italian Greyhounds, Old English Sheepdogs, Pomeranians, Pugs, Rat Terriers, Rottweilers, Shetland Sheepdogs, Shiba Inus, Siberian Huskies, Tibetan Spaniels, and Wire Fox Terriers.

My own show dog is 15 1/2 month old German Shepherd Dog named Oliver. This is him pictured at 7 months with his breeder. (Not totally sure how to post pictures from mobile to the forums, so bear with the links please wink ;) )

pho.to/9bYx4

Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
8/13/2015 4:17:06 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Very nice looking dog! BTW Is that Kent?! LOL
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
8/13/2015 4:23:06 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

I've shown a lot but everyone knows me for my current special. I update here all the time on him

He is the #1 Owner Handler Keeshond and Im the
#1 Keeshonden Junior & #4 Non-Sporting Junior

Nouveau
Basic User

Basic User
8/13/2015 4:40:09 PM reply with quote send message to Nouveau Object to Post

Congratulations! Very nice dog, and it looks like you present him really well. Hahahaha, yes it is, and thank you! I'm really happy with the way he's developing.
 Nouveau
Basic User

Basic User
8/13/2015 4:41:03 PM reply with quote send message to Nouveau Object to Post

I'm also a junior, but show primarily in the breed ring. I'm going to get more involved with a Sheltie before I age out in 2 years.
 Lycaons
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2015 4:04:09 AM reply with quote send message to Lycaons Object to Post

How do you post pics? Do they have to be stored online somewhere first? Feel free to PM.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/14/2015 8:25:19 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Your German Shepherd is so beautiful! I have always wanted one, but my mom doesn't like them for some reason (probably because they're big). Just stunning!

posted by Lycaons
How do you post pics? Do they have to be stored online somewhere first? Feel free to PM.
You go to a photo storage place online like photobucket.com or tinypic.com and upload them to a personal album, then you take the link to the photo provided and put it between [img*] and [/img*] without the *asterisks. happy :)

~Lauren
 Lycaons
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2015 2:56:25 PM reply with quote send message to Lycaons Object to Post

this post has been edited 5 time(s)

Thanks for telling me how to post a pic. Let me see if this works. This is Akekals Defying Gravity, AKA Wicked. He's a 2.5 year old Mudi and my first homebred Champion (United Kennel Club).

And this is Akekals Heart's Deepest Desire, AKA Erised. She's a 10 month old Mudi, Wicked's half sister. Pic also from a UKC show.

-----
Last edited by Lycaons on 8/14/2015 3:06:39 PM
 TreeHouse Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2015 3:27:27 PM reply with quote send message to TreeHouse Kennel Object to Post

They are beautiful! I LOVE their markings!
 Oakwood Creek
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2015 4:01:41 PM reply with quote send message to Oakwood Creek Object to Post

OMG! Love your Mudi's. Are they recognised by AKC?
  Absolut
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2015 5:07:59 PM reply with quote send message to  Absolut Object to Post

This is my Dogo Argentino at 3.5 years:

We haven't been out to show her much, she doesn't seem to like it much. But there is a specialty in October and we will see how she does there.

Phlossy
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2015 6:36:26 PM reply with quote send message to Phlossy Object to Post

This is the boy I'm currently showing (AJ). He belongs to my mother, although we co-own him. So far he has his International championship and his intercontinental championship. We want to put a UKC CH on him, and has a single point towards his AKC CH.

Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2015 8:29:20 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

Love sharing photos of my dogs!
I've been showing in RL for a little over 10 years now.
Started with the dog on the right here, my miniature wirehaired dachshund - Eli. I finished him to his AKC Championship and Rally Novice title. The came the dog on the left, my miniature longhaired dachshund - Lacey. She came for training and I fell in love with her. She was my juniors dog for most of my juniors career. We won several BJHs, all-breed and specialty.

Then comes my current show dog, my German Wirehaired Pointer - Callie. I've finished her to her AKC and UKC Championships, multiple AKC group placements, UKC Best in Multibreed Show, and we are working on her AKC Grand Championship. I'm proud to say we are in the top 5 NOHS and top 10 all-breed for GWPs.

Love seeing everyone's posts and stories!!

T
 Lycaons
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2015 8:57:46 PM reply with quote send message to Lycaons Object to Post

Mudis are in the FSS in AKC, so we can do agility, obedience, herding, etc. But, conformation is limited to Open shows, which are few and far between. I've done a few with my dogs though.

I like seeing everyone's RL dogs! Fun thread!
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2015 9:01:18 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

The first picture is Hambone, our 5 almost 6 year old male Irish Wolfhound. He is my love, although I do not technically own him. I do live with him, and I loved showing him. Unfortunately we didn't CH him out as he just wasn't that enthusiastic about showing.

The second picture is Molly, Hambone's sister. She received her AKC Championship by taking BOB over 17 other Wolfhounds, we were thrilled! She shows every once and a while but is taking a break for now, and may possibly retire at the end of the year.

The third picture is Baka, she is one of our BRT's and was only 8 months old in the photo and it was only her 2nd show, so please be mindful of that when looking at her poor stack....I was still learning with her and it was a very busy environment. We are so pleased with both of the girls, and hope to have them out later this year or the beginning of 2016.

And lastly is Valor, he is an almost year old Wolfhound, owned by the same person who owns Molly. He is only 6 months old in the photo, it was his first show and he did so good! Excited to get him out and about this fall. The picture makes him look like he has a straight front....he is a baby. For some reason everyone likes to critique the Wolfhounds when they are so far from development.

krisk
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2015 11:38:04 PM reply with quote send message to krisk Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

I have German Shepherd Dogs. I have had this breed for 27 years, having received my first GSD for my 12th birthday. I started out in obedience and put a CD on him when I was 16 years old. My first Champion was when I was 18. I did not compete in juniors (as there wasn't that much of it at the shows I was showing at, at the time). But I worked with wonderful breeders who allowed me to work with their dogs as well.

Dogs run in my family, as I young child we had Siberian Huskies. My Grandmother breed/showed/raced them for over 25 years. She was very involved in getting the Karalean Bear dog (back then it was spelled with a K not a C) recognized in Canada, and in fact had the very first Canadian Champion in the breed.

Anyway on to the dogs. Currently I have 3 GSD at home and 2 others that live with another breeder I co-own/breed with.

Seelie is Best Opposite in Maturity, Best Opposite in Futurity, Champion pointed Chilco's The Fuzz of Sunflower

The other dog in the 2nd photo is Bug, Reserve Maturity Female, Reserve Futurity Female Chilco's Ladybug of Sunflower

Stamp (lives with the co-owner/breeder and is the light of her husband's eyes) is Champion pointed Sunflower's Expressmail Chilco (all three are litter mates)

Then I have their half sister Molly (who is older) Grand Champion Sunflower's PrettyInPink Frost

And I co-own their sire Codie (he lives with his co-owner), Grand Champion Hausmekon's Flag of Honor

Now for some of my past show dogs.

Best In Maturity, Champion Edales Wild Thyme (Kenna - dam to Seelie, Bug and Stamp)

My first Champion Kris (Multi.Group Winner, Best Puppy In Show, Champion Sunflower's Kissin Kris Companion Dog, Temperment Tested, Herding Instinct Certified

And my first GSD Azzie, Sunflower's Aztec Asyak CD,TC
krisk

krisk

-----
Last edited by krisk on 8/14/2015 11:48:58 PM
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/15/2015 10:29:25 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Gorgeous GSDs! *heart eyes* I have always wanted a GSD!
 Roaming Tazi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2015 5:14:01 PM reply with quote send message to Roaming Tazi Kennels Object to Post

What a lovely GSD Nouveau! I love seeing everyone's dogs on SD....

This is my boy, Ch. Baghdad Thief of Hearts. Hoping to finish his grand this fall.

Nouveau
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2015 5:49:33 PM reply with quote send message to Nouveau Object to Post

Thank you all! Lovely dogs, it's pretty neat how many people are involved in conformation on the game. I think I've seen some of you showing before, I'm starting to recognize people LOL!
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/16/2015 12:27:42 AM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

Picture of my rescue pointer after he earned his CDX title in 2014 in obedience. Very proud moment for me! He's my first dog to train for competitive obedience...I unknowingly picked a challenging obedience breed!

...and the painting I made of him today in a "Paint Your Pet" class...

...and one of my favorite baby pics they took at the vet. I adopted him from the shelter at 10 weeks old. He was a scrawny little thing--quite underweight--who eventually grew into his ears. happy :)

I hope my pictures upload correctly. If not, that is the reason this message is edited a million times. laugh :D

-----
Last edited by Super Uber Kennels on 8/16/2015 12:31:38 AM

-----
Last edited by Super Uber Kennels on 8/16/2015 12:32:40 AM

-----
Last edited by Super Uber Kennels on 8/16/2015 12:34:59 AM
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/16/2015 3:46:43 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Such beautiful dogs!

Makes me want to get a dog to show after my current boys. laugh :D

Replies in this thread : 36
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.