Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 23
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/15/2015 8:35:57 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

posted by admin
To be clear, since I never explicitly said it, I am very sorry.
I'll be totally honest - I didn't really have an issue with the issues (lol) not being fixed yet. I am really a patient person who doesn't mind as long as I'm still enjoying the game (which I was). I don't even have a problem with the fact that you didn't get a chance to reply back. Not to dig at everyone else, but it almost feels like they griped an apology out of you. Being busy isn't something to apologize for - we all get busy especially if we have school or kids who go to school, so I totally understand. I didn't expect an apology, because I myself am so ridiculously busy that I didn't think twice when you explained how you had so little time. Since you have all the other sites to keep running as well, I understood.

By writing this I'm not taking a stab at the others who were upset - because I understand that too, being bothered that something you love and pay for has problems that are unresolved - I'm simply saying I don't think you have to apologize for not getting it done in this circumstance. If it was just you being lazy on purpose and neglecting your sites because you simply didn't care anymore, then I would say, yes, it's time to apologize. You have a family and a real life that needs attention just as much or even more than your online work. We appreciate your hard work and all the time you take to give us such a wonderful and fun website. I myself understand when you don't respond to messages because of your other duties online and in real life.

But anyway, I don't believe being busy is something for which you should apologize. I understand. But maybe that's because I'm rather low maintenance in the first place and not much really bothers me unless it's harming me or my gameplay directly...Apology accepted even though I didn't expect it in the first place. I hear everyone else's opinions and agree with them (For some certain circumstances).

~Lauren
 Roaming Tazi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2015 3:46:31 PM reply with quote send message to Roaming Tazi Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I cannot say a lot in terms of payment, as my kennels are free for a year. However, we have gone through similar lows in the past, being a player of 9 years. The site was great at first, but slowly it was apparent that Jeff simply had a lot of sites and not enough time or help to keep them up or respond to players like a full time web manger would. There are good times of course but this kind of scenario happens often enough. I don't condone that of course... I am always one to forgive, but the business world expects professionalism at all fronts. He absolutely should apologize for the lack of response to paying players. He is not apologizing for a busy life; he is apologizing for how he is handling a busy life + the responsibility of a business with many, many customers.

That being said, unless you're a new player, you know what I say is true about the highs and lows. If Jeff intended to be a horrible webmaster, all of his sites would have died years ago. Since that's clearly not the case, he should be encouraged that he has a great ring of sites and needs to find ways to enhance the workflow or automate some processes to help solve some of these issues. I don't think he intends to leave us hanging. I can only assume and hope he is simply figuring out how to balance life and a professional business. I enjoy the game, and I don't seriously plan to leave, but yes it is frustrating to not have an attentive admin. But I'm sure we are all capable of getting through it and encouraging Jeff along the way.

-----
Last edited by Roaming Tazi Kennels on 9/15/2015 3:47:37 PM
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2015 6:10:00 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Little River - as Roaming Tazi has just said - the apology was not for being busy but for a lack of professionalism at handling the situation adequately.

What's done is done. Jeff has apologized now and has set about making all of the issues right again and has been making an effort in the past 24 hours to restore order.

Let's hope that this situation does not happen again.

Replies in this thread : 23
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.