Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Current Top Sops?
 Rocky Mt. Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/17/2015 9:55:20 AM reply with quote send message to Rocky Mt. Kennel Object to Post   

Can someone help me compile a Top SOP list?
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/17/2015 12:16:58 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

There used to be one. Anyone know what happened to it?
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

Basic User
10/18/2015 7:13:56 PM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post

I would be willing to start and maintain a new list if needed?
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
10/18/2015 7:30:10 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

I just tried to find the old site, but I think it's been taken down. The link isn't working any more. happy :)

I'd be willing to help out with a new list, though I probably wouldn't have time to start/maintain it completely.
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

Basic User
10/18/2015 8:40:52 PM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post

Would it be preferred for it to be a posting in General or a separate website? I may need a suggestion on which to go with that would allow others to edit/update info on their own
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/18/2015 9:40:21 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

I miss Skipwall so much
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/18/2015 10:16:34 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Why not just make a new post where the first post is the list of breeds and the top SOP (even top male and female SOPs) then people comment after that with their top SOPs or the top SOPs they find. happy :)
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

Basic User
10/18/2015 11:46:18 PM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post

posted by Treestand Kennel
Why not just make a new post where the first post is the list of breeds and the top SOP (even top male and female SOPs) then people comment after that with their top SOPs or the top SOPs they find. happy :)
Will work on this in the morning- just dont want to try to format that now from my phonehappy :) Will include male/female - keep an eye out!

Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2015 10:38:40 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Perhaps someone should start a list in each breed forum.

The first posting would be the top 3 SOP's identified for the breed. You could even have top three males, top 3 females.

Under that everyone could post the information for any dogs that they find that exceed the 3 listed in the first post.

Once a month at least, or more depending on the breed, the original poster could edit/update the top.

The advantage here is that no one needs to maintain any offsite files and it will always be there in case someone leaves. Technologically simple.

Downside - the new additions will end up further and further down since they add at the bottom. Someone needs the ability to delete older postings or you could start a new clean list each month or so, as required. This is sort of how I am maintaining the Top Ten history for the seven breeds I have an interest in. Each breed could perhaps appoint someone to maintain this "document" - it could be done on some sort of rotation so the work does not always fall to one person.
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2015 12:04:57 PM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post

www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=469966

If everyone wants to post their breeds top SOPs there! Working on it right now

If anything ever happens and I disappear it can be easily copied and pasted by a new poster for someone else to maintainhappy :)

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.