.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 14

Author Topic : Glitch: People Sponsoring All Breed No Handlers
 Steph
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/31/2015 6:23:20 AM reply with quote send message to Steph Object to Post   

Hey Jeff,

Can you please look into how folks are sponsoring all breed no handlers? It looks like some how they are using the breed specialty sponsor system to create no handler all breed shows.

The current show is on Jan 29.

Thanks
Will
 Steph
Basic User

Basic User
12/31/2015 6:27:43 AM reply with quote send message to Steph Object to Post

Northern Lightz
Basic User

Basic User
12/31/2015 6:42:38 AM reply with quote send message to Northern Lightz Object to Post

This has happened before - and according to Jeff the last time he made some change to 'ensure this doesn't happen again'... So obviously that didn't work ...

Older posts about the same issue:

www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=462699

www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=465718
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/31/2015 12:29:11 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Well personally, I don't see it as a problem. I love no handlers.
 Steph
Basic User

Basic User
1/5/2016 7:44:32 PM reply with quote send message to Steph Object to Post

Shaylynne
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/6/2016 2:43:42 AM reply with quote send message to Shaylynne Object to Post

I'm confused how there's even a sponsored show on the 31st. Is there no World Cup show this month?
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
1/6/2016 5:04:26 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

posted by Shaylynne
I'm confused how there's even a sponsored show on the 31st. Is there no World Cup show this month?
Good point! (Well done on picking that up!)

Yet another reason why I feel like this game is really starting to lose it's charm.
 London Calling
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/6/2016 10:11:05 AM reply with quote send message to London Calling Object to Post

posted by Dalkeith
posted by Shaylynne

Yet another reason why I feel like this game is really starting to lose it's charm.

I would have to agree, and with my Canadian dollar being so low right now the game is costing even more than "normal" each month sad :(
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
1/6/2016 12:28:30 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

posted by London Calling
posted by Dalkeith
posted by Shaylynne

I would have to agree, and with my Canadian dollar being so low right now the game is costing even more than "normal" each month sad :(

Yeah, I am beginning to wonder what my money's being used for.... If I'm supporting other games, that's just not fair. If Jeff cannot maintain this game, then it needs to be offered 'as is' at a reduced cost. JMO - but I guess if we all keep paying, nothing will change.

Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/6/2016 12:35:54 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

posted by London Calling
posted by Dalkeith
posted by Shaylynne

Every single month I wrestle with the exchange rate and if I should keep going another month. I start school full time tomorrow, so that may make the decision for me. As Kaylinda said too, it sometimes feels like our fees are supporting other games. The only thing thats kept me here this long this go round is that I dont want to give up all the hard work I put into my breeding program in the past year.
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/6/2016 4:28:44 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

Jeff just commented on another post that this has been handled.
 Steph
Basic User

Basic User
1/6/2016 4:38:52 PM reply with quote send message to Steph Object to Post

If you guys are trying to maintain family accounts, why not cut back to a standard account that way you can still play but not have to worry about the expense. You can always sub a family acct back later when its more flexible for you.

It might also up your enjoyment factor since you won't have as much time tied up with multiple kennels too.

Will
 Halcyon Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
1/7/2016 1:20:50 AM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Dreams Object to Post

I'm not sure that is so much the issue, it's more like trying to weigh up if the service is worth the money. Let's face it if we go to a nice restaurant & get poor service you think twice about going back. We all have tremendous loyalty to Jeff and the game so decisions like this can be tough.
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/9/2016 1:38:11 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

On a sort of related note to the nonhandler all breed shows, there aren't any breed specialities in several of my breeds until December 2016. Usually we see the next month's specialty almost as soon as the most recent one has run.
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/9/2016 4:49:22 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

posted by Steph
If you guys are trying to maintain family accounts, why not cut back to a standard account that way you can still play but not have to worry about the expense. You can always sub a family acct back later when its more flexible for you.

It might also up your enjoyment factor since you won't have as much time tied up with multiple kennels too.

Will

Ive never had a family account. Used to have 2 premiums, but am down to this one only.

Replies in this thread : 14

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.