Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Jeff - Are we going to get any new judges?
 Dalkeith
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/2/2016 7:38:30 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post   

Jeff, I'm not sure where you are at with fixing this issue - but can we please get an update from you as to what's happening?

This issue has been going on since May and it's now September.

Here was an older post explaining the issue:

www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=578267

We haven't had any new judges since May and we are now down to 27 judges instead of the usual 40.

Can this be addressed?

The silence concerning updates on any of these issues is beyond frustrating.
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
9/2/2016 7:39:09 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

Yes, I don't know exactly when.
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2016 10:06:41 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Thank you for your reply.

Are you able to give us an estimate? Like - this month, next month, next year?
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/3/2016 7:41:40 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by Dalkeith

Thank you for your reply.

Are you able to give us an estimate? Like - this month, next month, next year?

Dalkeith,

He just answered you. Are you pushing for an exact timeline so you can hold it over his head if he doesn't meet it?

The game is still working. None of the bugs/issues prevent us from enjoying it.

I wish people would stop nagging him about the details of the game. The big picture is the game WORKS.

It sounds like simulation games are no longer the main income source for Jeff's company and the content sites are his company's major focus.

If we keep being so negative about every little thing, it has crossed my mind that he may just pull the plug on the whole system.

Just food for thought. Would you rather have a slightly buggy game missing a few judges or no game at all?

Will
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2016 9:01:55 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

Really?

I see nothing wrong with asking for a general idea of when an issue might be fixed. In fact I think it's a little out of line for you to post negatively about a player asking a valid question.

Dalkeith thanked Jeff for his answer and asked for a "general" answer, not a specific "timeline."

I see nothing wrong with reporting bugs/errors and expecting them to be fixed. I believe that we are all patient folks, but a little bit of response would solve a lot of the problems. A simple I can't get to it right now, but I should be able to get to it (fill in the blank) - would help a lot.

Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2016 6:05:50 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Will,

I am not asking questions to harass Jeff.

Your negative comments directed at myself are not welcome.

Rhondacline,

Thank you kindly for summing up the meaning behind my post. happy :) It is greatly appreciated happy :)

One of the most important qualities of a respected company is client communication.

When clients are left in the dark about an issue it can become increasingly frustrating as it feels that our concerns are falling on deaf ears.

I understand that this site is no longer a top priority for Jeff - but at the end of the day it is still a functioning business, and if Jeff wants his clients to continue to pay for subscriptions and support his income then he needs to keep his customers happy. happy :)

All I am asking is that Jeff answers our concerns when we post in the forum and send private messages - even if it is only to say 'I'm sorry I won't be able to fix this issue until October etc'. happy :)

Jeff has been very good this week with posting in the forum and working on some of the show glitches - but the last few months we have been repetitively left in the dark - as is evident when you read through the forums and speak with frustrated members of this site. sad :(
 Golden Bridge
Basic User

Basic User
9/4/2016 1:52:51 PM reply with quote send message to Golden Bridge Object to Post

At least we did not drop to 25 judges this month :P
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2016 10:36:34 AM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

posted by Golden Bridge
At least we did not drop to 25 judges this month :P
Very true! That's progress!

K

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.