Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Breed(s) with non show-able colors?
 Makavelis
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/27/2016 2:04:40 PM reply with quote send message to Makavelis Object to Post   

I am considering getting a family account (cost almost the same as 3 standards so why not) and am considering doing a half source/half color project of sorts.

So I am looking for breed suggestions that have colors that are not showable.

Would like 10 or less colors to make it more manageable.

Would also prefer med-large breed and Picardy pics would be a bonus!

If you have any suggestions please let me know!!!!!
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2016 3:19:49 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

some of the projects I'm involved with that might interest you...

Saluki - there are a couple of us working on colors here - we just got Picardy pics - Red and Black & Tan are current SOP - We're working on Grizzle, Sable, Irish markings, Parti-color and Smooth coats. (SOPs are all over the place depending on which project you pick.)

Greyhounds - current SOP dogs are white.
(4 colors, brindle, 'and white') - No Picardy pics. (My SOPs are in the 70s, but there is an abandoned kennel with some 90s color dogs to breed to)

Mastiffs - Apricots (SOP 60s, Picardy pics Yes)

Dogue de Bordeaux - Black Masks (no Picardy pics)

St Bernard - Smooth Coats (no Picardy pics)

Others I'm aware of ...

German Shepherds - Saddles, Bicolors and Sables - Picardy is either working on pics now or about to be.

Ibizan Hounds folks were talking about Reds/Red&White and Smooths the other day... not sure if those are lost or just in short supply...

Shar-Pei - Looks like they are missing Brush Coat and Horse Coat

I know there are others, but that will give you a few to look at...

Taymyr
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/27/2016 3:38:05 PM reply with quote send message to Taymyr Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Samoyeds are another breed with rarer colours. White and biscuit is the common colour (97+ SOP), and biscuit is getting there (I think around 95+ SOP).

There are some of us working on the white and cream colours, to bring them up to show standard. SOPs for these two colours are between 40 - 60 SOP.

Have Picardy pics.

-----
Last edited by Taymyr on 9/27/2016 3:38:46 PM
 Temora
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2016 10:58:44 PM reply with quote send message to Temora Object to Post

Sealyhams.

4 colours - white with tan, white with black, white with badger, and white with lemon.

with with tan dominates and is BIS (under certain judges). white with lemon / white with black closest. white with badger behind.

working on lemons blacks and badgers in my kennel SColours and could do with a hand.
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/28/2016 9:03:35 AM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

Cardigan welsh corgis have a lot of colours but almost all are either non existent or low sop. I have a co,our breeding kennel that focuses on just a few of the colours- no pics yet though

Sammies- white and cream are not up to show able

Shelties- the colour headed whites are non existent

GSD's - bi colours, Sables, and anything not blue and red or black and red for the most part is missing
 Firebrand Akitas
Basic User

Basic User
9/28/2016 3:09:42 PM reply with quote send message to Firebrand Akitas Object to Post

Akitas

Silver brindle with black overlay and white markings or White are nearly all the showable colors. There are occasional black brindle and white that are. Only one is finished that I know.

Plenty to work with, I'm working on breeding in masks and Gallant is working on masked reds. We desperately need more colors!

No Picardy pics but I have made a full set of color pics to use until we get some.
 Gymea
Basic User

Basic User
10/5/2016 3:39:13 AM reply with quote send message to Gymea Object to Post

Makavelis - what did you decide?
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
10/5/2016 8:16:18 AM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

I'm in German Spitz in another kennel. Color breeding of course lol. Currently, the colors that are showable are black, white, orange sable, blue, and blue sable.

That leaves all of these colors that you can pick from to breed if you so desire.
Brown-pigmented Cream (Dilute Brown Sable)
Brown & Tan
Isabella & Tan
Clear Orange
Blue & Tan
Black & Tan
Brown
Brown Sable
Cream
Cream Sable
Isabella
Wolf Sable
And then all of the "parti" colors are gone as well.

I'm focusing on cream, Isabella, brown, and wolf sables at the moment but would like to eventually have all of the colors.

Alexandria

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.