Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 13

Author Topic : Changing breeds
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
11/4/2016 10:01:50 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post   

I've been contemplating it for a while and have decided that I will most likely be letting Boxers go. I want to focus on some breeds in need.
I wont be picky, just throw suggestions. Any and all welcome. happy :)
 Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/4/2016 11:58:53 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

I don't know if these are so much breeds in need, but have you considered Schnauzers? All three sizes have picardy pics. I have the minis and giants in this kennel and a standard in my other kennel, plus I'd be more than willing to help you get started with a show quality broodie in either.

The giants currently have three breeders with one of those breeders becoming a basic account that's not logged in for awhile, the other breeder has some great dogs but doesn't really show (has their stud fees are fairly low) SOP ranging from 96.90 - 97.40. Takes the odd in group placement, current and only top dogs listed so far for this month on their page are my own. (It's quite lonely showing this breed)

Miniatures again have only three breeders, again fairly lonely showing. SOP ranging from 95.3 to 96, takes a few in group placements too and can do so with a lower show shine.

Plus their pictures have wonderful cute beards, so that's another selling point happy :)
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
11/5/2016 12:57:44 PM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Chihuahuas routinely take group placements, there's only a few people showing however.. Small litters, I keep all my stud fees under 100. Plenty of handlers, plenty of majors. SOP is in the 94s for me.

Caucasians go BIS routinely, always puppies for sale, stud fees are cheap. Large litters. Super fun breed, one of my favorites. Sops in the mid 95s.

-----
Last edited by FallenStarz on 11/5/2016 12:58:39 PM
 Lumen
Basic User

Basic User
11/5/2016 2:37:15 PM reply with quote send message to Lumen Object to Post

Shih tzus really need some help. I am the only really competitive breeder.. There are other kennels that enter dogs routinely but they are not really show quality/sessioned. I would love some competition and someone else who wants to further the breed! Group placements with good head/coat judges common, as well as group wins. I am more than willing to get you started with both brood bitches and competitive class dogs/specials, with low stud fees. Please!!
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/6/2016 6:56:46 AM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

Checking into these breeds guys. Thanks for the suggestions and feel free to offer more.

I will update the post when I decide on a breed.

Four
 Halcyon Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
11/6/2016 7:46:50 AM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Dreams Object to Post

Pointers or Cavaliers, they are ticking over but could use a little more competition. Happy to help out in either if you decide to think about them.
 Skandal
Basic User

Basic User
11/7/2016 1:37:39 PM reply with quote send message to Skandal Object to Post

I am really enjoying Estrela Mountain Dog's, SOP are in the mid to high 94's, no handler showing and large litters!

Shiba Inu's have also been great SOP's in the high 95's, just getting into showing so not a ton of insight there. Only negative is a few breeders keep studs on approval but I have been able to work around it so far.
 Afterburner Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/7/2016 2:16:44 PM reply with quote send message to Afterburner Kennels Object to Post

Boston Terriers
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/9/2016 8:32:25 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

Still checking into breeds while I wait for the boxer stock to clear out a little more. I will keep everyone updated on which breed I choose. I may take one of a few different ones to try.

Thanks for the suggestions and feel free to keep them coming!

Four
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/10/2016 10:19:14 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

You might like to check out:

Airedales
Wire Fox
Saluki
Pharoah Hounds
Basenji
Greyhound

All except Greyhound have Picardy pictures if that helps.

Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/10/2016 8:17:19 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

At one point, I had tried to get involved in Pharaoh and Salukis. I wasn't able to obtain any good stock. :/
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/11/2016 12:56:23 AM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

Great Danes?
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/11/2016 3:00:05 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I'm still working on them but there is stock available if you ask (Pharoah and Saluki). Have another look!
 Grasslans**
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/12/2016 1:21:12 AM reply with quote send message to Grasslans** Object to Post

I've also got Pharoah Hounds and every now and again have some good pups for sale - roughly 93 and some times higher SOP that normally end up forever homed due to lack of interest.

Replies in this thread : 13

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.