Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Looking for a new colour project
 Waggs Rare Breeds
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
11/10/2016 12:17:19 PM reply with quote send message to Waggs Rare Breeds Object to Post   

I'm feeling like a change in this kennel and want to try a colour breeding project. Rare breeds welcome to help boost numbers.
 Supernatural85
Basic User

Basic User
11/10/2016 12:41:35 PM reply with quote send message to Supernatural85 Object to Post

Black and Tan coonhounds are very rare and need numbers boosting but sadly only come in one colour.

Miniature and Toy poodles have a lot of colours, I am bringing some back at another account

Japanese chins also have some colours that need bringing up to scratch.

Toy Fox terriers have numerous colours with only white and tan at a ahowable SOP

Could help out with all of these except mini poodles as I only just got into them myself
 Stonehill Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/10/2016 1:30:09 PM reply with quote send message to Stonehill Kennels Object to Post

Cardigan Welsh Corgis have a ton of colours and almost all of them are either missing completely or not up to show quality.

I'm working on a few colours in this kennel, as there are so many I can't fit them all in.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
11/10/2016 2:38:50 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

on this spread sheet

bit.ly/2f6SbrL

I have noted color/coat projects
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
11/10/2016 4:08:35 PM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

German Spitz! About 30 colors and only like 3 or 4 are finishable.

Alexandria
 Gallant
Basic User

Basic User
11/10/2016 4:30:00 PM reply with quote send message to Gallant Object to Post

Akitas! Have TONS of colors and I just started a no brindle line!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/11/2016 2:57:06 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Greyhounds have lots of colours but only 'white' at the top of the sop range.

Salukis too have a lot of colours that need work.
 Waggs Rare Breeds
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/13/2016 9:26:19 AM reply with quote send message to Waggs Rare Breeds Object to Post

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I like the idea of greyhounds or cardigan corgis but will stick with mini bulls for now until they get picardy pics!

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.