Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : great yesterday --- sad today
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
11/24/2016 1:37:11 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post   

Am so, so disappointed. Was waiting eagerly for the end of the month show, as for the very very first time ever, I was finally in with a chance for one of my breeds to maybe win the Showdog.com World Cup......................and the judge was changed yesterday!! sad :(

So back to being one of the many also rans............ ce la vie!
 Glittering
Basic User

Basic User
11/24/2016 2:07:10 PM reply with quote send message to Glittering Object to Post

Yes - I've gone through this a lot.

One time the best judge for my breed actually judged it - and my boy was 2nd top dog of the month and needed the end of month show to be top dog, and that judge liked my boy, and liked boys, and had frequently given him BIS, and my boy was the best dog running around of his breed and had frequently proven it.

For the end of month show he gave BIS to a bitch of my breed that had never won a BOB let alone beaten my boy ever! Best of Opposite Sex was the best my boy achieved in that show.

So even when everything is in your favour, sometimes it still doesn't work.
 Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/24/2016 3:33:49 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

So the judge was changed then? I thought I was going a little mad.
I know a bit how you feel Aussie Wolf, I had a girl that was doing really well under the judge before the change, except I still needed to get a few extra dogs beaten before she qualified. Guess now I won't try with her so much.
 Temora
Basic User

Basic User
11/24/2016 7:05:42 PM reply with quote send message to Temora Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

The judge changes regularly for the World Cup.

My impression is that it is the judge with the most entries for the month that gets the appointment.

I emit lots of sighs during each month, as well as gasps of pleasure as the judge changes.

Edited because I can't spell judge

-----
Last edited by Temora on 11/24/2016 9:13:37 PM

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.