Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Charge for handlers
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/2/2017 1:27:43 PM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post   

$100 for the top ten ... and so on. That would eat up some money!
Charge for handlers
Yes 1.19%
No 98.81%
73 Total Votes | Votes from premium users carry more weight.
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/2/2017 1:30:14 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

Can't agree. That's fine for us with money, but hard on those starting out, or struggling. I prefer to sponsor specialties, or add to payouts happy :)
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
1/2/2017 2:10:18 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

I agree with above. It seems great for those who ARE at the 25kCap but not everyone is.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/2/2017 3:15:38 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

No, I don't think so.

There is already, and always has been an issue with handlers - first in gets the best and so on.

As was said - sounds ok at the moment for those who have the cash now but what about the future? And where does the money go? There's more to think about here than just 'spending' our excess.

My feelings are that if anything is done with this excess we should try to find a way of making it work to improve the game for everyone and the game itself. I thought that increasing the dog cap would allow more players to carry a 2nd and maybe a third breed and thus address some of the 'rare breed issues'. Think of it as a way to simulate a doubling our membership. I currently have kennels with two breeds and it's really hard to stay under that cap. Furthermore I thought that, in its simplest form - just add 20 or 30 to everyone - that it would require minimal programming effort from Admin.

As things stand, the best choice is what we are doing already - sponsoring shows. Now I confess, I haven't done much lately - real life is interfering with my pretend life and I am not happy about that at all. I just don't always have the time to go around making shows. I don't even enter that much unless its a no-handler or owner-judge. I've stuffed dogs into shows without handlers where they should have because I don't have the time to mess around finding the best second and third string handlers - making points for everyone else instead.

FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
1/2/2017 3:40:52 PM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

Nope. Not all kennels are anywhere close the 25k cap.
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
1/2/2017 4:08:20 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

I voted no on this one.

This idea is solely based on the belief that the 'majority' of players are at or close to the $25K mark. Whilst I don't know what everyone's balance is I can easily assume that we have more people who have less than $5K, $10K or $15K, than people who are maxed out/close to maxing out.

This idea would also be affecting everyone - regardless of their balance - and that is not what we are looking for. I understand that some players are trying to find ways to spend excess cash - and there's no issue with that - but the ideas have to be based on players 'wanting' to participate in that idea, rather than forcing them to do so - as would be the case if charges were applied to using handlers.

As others have already mentioned - the best way to spend excess cash if you're concerned with the amount of cash you are accumulating is to simply spend it on:

- Hosting all-breed shows (when they are available)
- Hosting breed specialties
- Adding significant payouts to WB/WD/BOB/BIG/BIS

I manage 15 kennels and I don't allow any of them to go over $10K. When they do - I start adding specialties and payouts - and I have been doing this for many months. It works for me happy :)

If you happen to win a payout and you don't 'want' the money - then simply 'pay it forward' and add more payouts to struggling breeds etc.
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
1/3/2017 10:43:41 AM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

I voted no too, there's no reason to force people to spend their money and not everyone has "too much" money.

Those who want to spend their extra will and those who don't will just let it be.

Also everyone has a different view of what "too much" is.

I feel like this is not a problem that needs fixing. If Jeff has extra time to fix things in the game it should be spent on the actual issues that have been on going, not trying to create new problems to be fixed.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.