Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Where Did My Name Go?
 House of K9s
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/11/2017 6:38:16 PM reply with quote send message to House of K9s Object to Post   

I typed in the name I wanted this dog to have and hit submit. I know that if a name isn't available or is too long, the name place will still be open. That's not what happenD here. Here is supposed to be HK9 Point of Origin:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15554081
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2017 12:02:02 PM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

You should be able to reset the name. There is a short amount of time you have the ability to change it though
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/12/2017 3:26:46 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I've done this a number of times.

If you are the breeder and it is under 30 days I believe you have the option of resetting the name - it's somewhere in the block to the right. Beyond that I'm not sure if there is a time limit although there may be.

Failing to have that option, you can write to Admin sending the link to the dog and ask for a reset - it may take a few days.

Otherwise, take heart - the name is now used and you'll never make that mistake again. It's actually not a bad idea to name a Forever Home dog with just the kennel name to prevent this - it's a pretty common 'oopsy'.
 Temora
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2017 3:46:57 PM reply with quote send message to Temora Object to Post

It's so common I even have a dog called Oops
 Landry Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2017 4:40:02 PM reply with quote send message to Landry Kennel Object to Post

It doesn't look like it was a forever home dog though.

I would write to admin, but then, I don't know if admin is alive these days, so...
 Steph
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2017 6:53:16 PM reply with quote send message to Steph Object to Post

OP didn't breed the dog so I don't think they can reset the name without Jeff doing it for them.

Will
 Old County
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/4/2017 4:58:22 PM reply with quote send message to Old County Object to Post

I remember to you as K9! I asked you for a special color of Standard Schnauzers - it's been a long time wink ;)

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing