Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Show obedience?
 TheAnimaTransit
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/3/2019 11:15:07 AM reply with quote send message to TheAnimaTransit Object to Post   

Why are all of my dogs stuck at 19 for show obedience??! Is there a trick to getting to 20? I have three dogs that have 20’s for everything, and everyday when I session them I think, “ Today is the day!”, but it never is! Lol send help.
 Pembroke Pixie Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/3/2019 12:58:52 PM reply with quote send message to Pembroke Pixie Kennel Object to Post

Keep going! More advanced tricks take longer to learn
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
4/3/2019 2:48:31 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

I have one dog that has had 19's for almost a month now. Not even the hard tricks, just the first row.
 TheAnimaTransit
Basic User

Basic User
4/3/2019 3:04:17 PM reply with quote send message to TheAnimaTransit Object to Post

I don’t intend on giving up lol, at this point I’m reallllly looking forward to hitting session for the last time! But that’s what is weird to me, EVERYTHING is 20’s, from HoL to directed jumping! It just seems weird that my dogs have mastered everything, but still are at 19! And these are huskies, so it took a LOT of sessions to get to where I am lol! Thanks for the feedback!
 Pembroke Pixie Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/3/2019 3:41:04 PM reply with quote send message to Pembroke Pixie Kennel Object to Post

What session settings are you both using? I use the highest one, and since I'm not sessioning any corgis all of them are going to training my one showing dog
 TheAnimaTransit
Basic User

Basic User
4/3/2019 10:50:14 PM reply with quote send message to TheAnimaTransit Object to Post

So I chose the 12 sessions/0 salary option. But I actually get about 50 sessions a day! Not sure how that happens, or why the option says 12, but I’m definitely getting more than that! Also, I’ve tried to bid on sessions, but I feel like that feature may be a dud..
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
4/4/2019 5:26:14 AM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

I use all sessions/no salary to get 48 sessions a day. After I session all of my dogs, that need it, I have around 15 left and I use them on obedience for my one dog.
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
4/4/2019 5:32:55 AM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

Oh my gosh, I've read this post SO many times and just realized that you meant obedience for the regular shows! I kept reading "show obedience" as "THE show, obedience". lol I don't even know why.
Yes. My training for show obedience is also pretty long. It takes my dogs the longests. I don't know for sure, but if I had to guess, it takes my dogs about a week to go from 19 to 20. I don't know if that is true or not, it just feels like it. In theory, people with breeds like border collie or Australian Shepherd should not take as long to session for obedience.
 TheAnimaTransit
Basic User

Basic User
4/4/2019 10:05:26 AM reply with quote send message to TheAnimaTransit Object to Post

So when I woke up today, they were all at 20!! And I still have my 48 sessions, strange!! But also super sweet, because I have soooo been looking forward to this.

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.