Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Breeds dying out
 Dragunov
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/2/2022 12:00:18 AM reply with quote send message to Dragunov Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Am I the only one who is overly paranoid about one of my breeds "dying out" and having to be restarted? If I found out a breed I'd been working on for years had to be restarted I would be nearly devastated. Lol! :'( I really wish there was some sort of work-around or something, like frozen semen or something that could last a couple years or something!

-----
Last edited by Dragunov on 6/2/2022 12:00:48 AM
 DoggyPanache
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/2/2022 11:05:01 AM reply with quote send message to DoggyPanache Object to Post

Agree, I have a couple that are in danger. I keep at least 4 males and 4 females so I can breed but the gene pool keeps shrinking.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/2/2022 2:30:24 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Not me. The game is naturally resetting itself based on interest in breeds.

Will
 Zareth Shahar
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/4/2022 12:45:52 PM reply with quote send message to Zareth Shahar Object to Post

Yep! I have to remind myself my effort on the game just matters on the game, as in there's really no point to the game. If a breed dies out, it might suck, but the effort mattered at the time, not anymore, but frozen semen is an awesome idea.
 GaylanStudio2
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/6/2022 9:09:47 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio2 Object to Post

I know it sounds strange but I agree with both of these views. Reviving rare breeds can be a refreshing challenge to someone but I also am saddened to see the hard work of others, sometimes my own, lost. This is probably why I have so many kennels sitting on various breeds because I don't have time to work with them all.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.