.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Returned player - torn on upgrading
 picks
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/25/2020 1:27:19 PM reply with quote send message to picks Object to Post   

Hi all

I've returned after nearly 4 years away. Seems to be very quiet these days, was considering upgrading but am a bit torn now. Anyone have any thoughts or know if any new developments are in the works for the game?

Thanks

picks
 Silver Ring Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/25/2020 1:55:57 PM reply with quote send message to Silver Ring Kennel Object to Post

I do not think any updates are in the works and some glitches seem to be going unaddressed for years but I can tell you that I am enjoying my accounts very much and plan to keep on renewing each year. Breeding to advance the caliber of dogs that I have to show is way to much fun to go basic. happy :)
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/25/2020 2:07:23 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Agree with Silver Ring. I will be here for the duration.
 Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2020 4:19:48 PM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

It has become a quiet game now. We’re even more active than usual because of quarantine so a lot of players have been coming back, even so we don’t see much activity.

All the basics of the game are still the same (I’ve been here for 8 years on various accounts), but as mentioned glitches are seldom fixed, and the site doesn’t get much admin care.

I still find it a lot of fun and there are breeds out there that are very active, so I’ll be sticking around personally. I think the game has become a little more breeding-centric as opposed to showing, but that depends a lot on the breed.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/25/2020 4:49:44 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

If you like just showing, I'd stay a basic. You can just purchase nice dogs off kennels. Most will be glad to send you a showpup if you ask in a private message.

If you like the breeding part, subscribing is definitely the way to go.

I have a standard and a basic. The biggest downfall to being a basic is not being able to have custom rations. So if you buy a dog from a standard, ask them to put it on a good custom food before you buy it. This way you can get it's condition up faster.

Will
 picks
Basic User

Basic User
5/26/2020 12:34:33 PM reply with quote send message to picks Object to Post

Thanks all.

I think I am going to save my money and stay basic for the moment, as I do enjoy the showing side.

Thanks for all the contributions!

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.