Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Doberman Puppy Name Ideas!
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/26/2020 5:45:09 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post   

I'm on currently on the list for a red male doberman or black male, if there are no reds and need registered name ideas! This will be the breeder's "N" litter and, from the looks of the pedigree, whatever letter the litter is, is the letter the dog's registered name begins with. So, if anyone has any creative ideas for registered names that begin with N, please offer your ideas! I haven't been on Showdog in ages and it doesn't look very active, so any response would be much appreciated! Regular/Call name ideas would also be very much appreciated as I take forever to decide on a name once puppy is here! I'd prefer 1 or 2 syllable call names.
 Wikeen.
Basic User

Basic User
8/26/2020 6:19:42 PM reply with quote send message to Wikeen. Object to Post

Do you have themes you would like to incorporate into the name?
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2020 6:41:08 AM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

Sorry for the delayed response. The showdog website was not letting me post. (I kept getting and "error" page.)

I don't have a particular theme. happy :)
 PicketFence Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/23/2020 9:25:42 AM reply with quote send message to PicketFence Kennels Object to Post

Hey SU! Good to see you again happy :) let me brainstorm some N names and I’ll come back with a few!
 NorthDahl
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2020 4:49:50 PM reply with quote send message to NorthDahl Object to Post

Do you want cutesie names or more bada** names?
I love coming up with dog names!

Those red Dobes are sooo pretty.
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2020 6:34:41 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

Well, it turns out I'm getting a black male! There were 5 puppies, 4 boys, 1 girl, and all black! We're thinking of "Ruger" for the (call) name--always open to other ideas thouth. Not sure what the registered name could be. This is the breeder's "N" litter and, based on previous litters, it sounds like the registered name may end up beginning with an N (after the kennel name...which actually also begins with an "N"wink ;). I'm not sure if I have a choice in the registered name or not, but if you have ideas for ones that start with an N, I'm open to ideas!
 Azawakh Inc.
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2020 7:15:43 PM reply with quote send message to Azawakh Inc. Object to Post

If you are wanting to use call name Ruger, you could register him as "Nine Guns", otherwise, you should go with whatever the breeder suggests
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2020 8:38:42 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Azawakh Inc.
If you are wanting to use call name Ruger, you could register him as "Nine Guns", otherwise, you should go with whatever the breeder suggests
Thanks for the idea! I'm clueless when it comes to thinking of registered names! That's why my PAL-registered dog ended up with a registered name of "Pete". (Of course, now it's Pete UD GN GO RAE FDC CGCA TKA)

-----
Last edited by Super Uber Kennels on 10/26/2020 8:39:30 PM
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/17/2022 9:59:02 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

So here he is! Meet Ruger (KN Nightcap with Ruger)

As it turns out, the breeder already gave the puppies registered names i.e. "Nightcap with ____" and I only got to put the call name at the end.

Ruger is now about 17 months old and training for a competitive obedience career, which will be our main sport. He earned his Dock Senior (dock diving) title last summer though. laugh :D

link to picture:
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/i/hcarrel35/5.26.21.jpg?width=450&height=278&crop=fill

-----
Last edited by Super Uber Kennels on 2/17/2022 10:06:38 PM
 thomasedison
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2023 2:38:47 AM reply with quote send message to thomasedison Object to Post

Do you want a cute name or a more bada** name?
I love coming up with dog names!
Blog https://petdisease.net/

-----
Last edited by thomasedison on 7/21/2023 2:40:31 AM

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.