.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : All shows on 27th have $20 entry
 Flush
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/22/2020 11:26:43 PM reply with quote send message to Flush Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

What is the point of this?? Why would one user after another place a $20 entry fee when making a show, so that every show has a $20 entry fee which excludes many users from showing that day? Elitist or what?
Edited to add:
And on the 28/29th only 3 shows out of 15 have $5 entry.

-----
Last edited by Flush on 12/22/2020 11:34:06 PM
 FromRussiaWithLove
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/23/2020 6:48:32 AM reply with quote send message to FromRussiaWithLove Object to Post

If you notice a lot of the people creating the shows are the same kennels. Sponsoring shows costs money. They need to make it back somehow, doing multiple shows a month is expensive.
 Dark Mirage
Basic User

Basic User
12/23/2020 9:39:58 AM reply with quote send message to Dark Mirage Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Yes. You used to be able to make a tidy profit on shows when they had thousands of entries. Now that there are so few entries, you lose money, but a higher entry fee can help negate this, especially if you are assigned a quality judge.

-----
Last edited by Dark Mirage on 12/23/2020 9:40:22 AM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/23/2020 2:32:27 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Don't know for sure but I've thought that there might be a bias towards more Owner-Judges for $20 shows. Maybe that's a factor.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/23/2020 5:24:33 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

1) Shows have been as low as $800 to sponsor over the last month. Ample chances for anyone to sponsor a show at whatever entry fee they would like to charge.

2) It's really hard to go broke in the game nowadays with the loyalty bonus & sessions. $20 entry fees shouldn't break a kennel's budget.

3) Higher entry fee also benefits those showing at group level for better show payouts.

Honestly, I am just happy to have a calendar with plenty of shows.

Will
 BarStar Corgi
Basic User

Basic User
12/23/2020 5:40:09 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Corgi Object to Post

posted by Flush
What is the point of this?? Why would one user after another place a $20 entry fee when making a show, so that every show has a $20 entry fee which excludes many users from showing that day? Elitist or what?
Edited to add:
And on the 28/29th only 3 shows out of 15 have $5 entry.

-----
Last edited by Flush on 12/22/2020 11:34:06 PM

So here lately I've been sponsoring shows costing between 1k and 1.5k...

I charge $20 an entry.

Tonights show:

$20 show has 139 entries
Largest $5 show has 363 right now.

The $5 show will generate $363 for the sponsor.
The $20 show will generate $556 for the sponsor.

So I don't think elitist really comes to mind when sponsors on average are losing $500 to 1k per show sponsored.

Just food for thought.

Will
 Brodys Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/27/2020 10:45:02 AM reply with quote send message to Brodys Kennel Object to Post

I have been sponsoring shows just to spend money because it is annoying that your account won’t go above 25,000 and I like to see the total moving. I usually do $5.00;shows but have mixed it up some going to $10.00 ones on and off just to be different.
 Flush
Basic User

Basic User
12/29/2020 4:41:12 AM reply with quote send message to Flush Object to Post

With money so easy to make in the game it just surprised me that some sponsor shows to make money. I add shows when I have too much money.

I still think it's unfair on some users i.e. new kennels, those that need to enter many dogs for a major and also basic kennels, especially so close the the SDWC. Each to their own.
 FromRussiaWithLove
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/29/2020 9:13:16 AM reply with quote send message to FromRussiaWithLove Object to Post

Even 20$ shows do not make money. I think people are just trying to loose less so they can continue to sponsor more shows as it is a lot of the same kennels regularly doing shows, and they want to ensure we have a decent amount of shows each night. I am grateful for anyone who sponsors a show regardless of the fee. If anyone wants more 5$ shows they are welcome to add them.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/29/2020 4:48:00 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by Flush
I still think it's unfair on some users i.e. new kennels, those that need to enter many dogs for a major and also basic kennels, especially so close the the SDWC. Each to their own.
Rare breeds in real life don't get majors easily either.

Will

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class