Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Stud needs approval
 XiZang
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/24/2021 1:08:45 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post   

Can someone remind me? If you request approval for a stud and you don't get any response, aren't you able to breed to him after a certain number of days? I have requested a particular stud 3 days in a row with no response. The owner has been on the site during that time.

If you don't want anyone to breed to him, just remove him from the stud list!
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/24/2021 1:12:48 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Just sent message. We shall see.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/24/2021 2:20:43 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

PM sent to you!
Will

-----
Last edited by BarStar on 9/24/2021 2:21:26 PM
 FromRussiaWithLove
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/24/2021 9:34:26 PM reply with quote send message to FromRussiaWithLove Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

https://www.showdog.com/help/topic.aspx?id=28

According to the help forum the request should be auto approved (after 24 hrs) unless the account holder actually declines.

-----
Last edited by FromRussiaWithLove on 9/24/2021 9:34:43 PM
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/24/2021 10:34:28 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Well, I submitted it several times over the past few days. The bitch is just 31 days so maybe it was too soon. I did it again today and also sent an email. I was pretty sure that it would be approved if not declined but started to wonder. So if she is not automatically bred by tomorrow, the owner has declined? If that is the case 1) it would be nice to let me know why and 2) why post a stud if you aren't going to approve them?
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/25/2021 12:10:43 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

I was contacted by the owner of the stud who said she never got any requests. How weird is that? I knew that in the past when I did this I would get a notification of some kind but never did.

Just another glitch I guess. So if you request stud with approval, keep a close eye and make sure it actually went through.

All good now though.
 RoughDiamondKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/25/2021 1:57:21 PM reply with quote send message to RoughDiamondKennel Object to Post

Happy you figured it out!
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/25/2021 5:49:27 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by XiZang
I was contacted by the owner of the stud who said she never got any requests. How weird is that? I knew that in the past when I did this I would get a notification of some kind but never did.

Just another glitch I guess. So if you request stud with approval, keep a close eye and make sure it actually went through.

All good now though.

I don't think the game sends you a note saying the stud approval is pending if I remember correctly.

It just lists it on your main page. If the owner doesn't reply within a day, I think you go back to his page and it will let you click breed without waiting for approval.

Will

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.