Search

.com Forum · Off Topic Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Does anyone else miss Showcats?
 Pembroke Pixie Kennel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
4/21/2022 10:31:44 AM reply with quote send message to Pembroke Pixie Kennel Object to Post   

Every so often I'll miss showcats XD Honestly of the two I preferred showcats to showdog, while SD does somewhat fill the void I still miss my Turkish Vans ;-;
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/21/2022 8:33:41 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

ShowCats? No not really - I never got into them although I know that there were a lot of folks who did. I do miss ShowHorse.
 AG Qarat
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/22/2022 4:51:32 PM reply with quote send message to AG Qarat Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

YES!! I had Chartreux and Peterbalds at Peppins. Luckily before the game ended I took screenshots of my champions. It sucked to know all that effort was just going to go away. I think since the introduction of phones and image-based games on apps, text-based games really took a hit. SD is text-based and already a small niche; I can't imagine how small Showcats must have been in players.

Hope it's a long while before that happens to SD.

-----
Last edited by AG Qarat on 4/22/2022 4:52:46 PM
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/6/2022 8:45:59 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

I miss ShowCats more and more every day. I loved playing on that site, and I had some great memories there. It was my main site, and Showdog was second for me. Now I only play ShowDog. I miss it a lot!
 CoffieDog
Basic User

Basic User
11/8/2022 8:41:32 AM reply with quote send message to CoffieDog Object to Post

Same! I was on SC for many many years and was very active. I had multiple premium accounts at one point (main one was M~L~E) and also made many banners which I still have saved on my computer! But the last few years I played as a basic (with my og account Catz2) and still did quite well with my cats. It was my favorite of all of Jeff's sites. I remember back in the day being intimidated with how big, active, and elitist SD was so I migrated to SC and loved the small tight-knit community there and that it was easier to show. I was devastated when it shut down, the last day I spent as much time as I could just admiring the site...I also took screenshots too.
 Blackstone Homestead
Basic User

Basic User
11/12/2022 1:03:33 AM reply with quote send message to Blackstone Homestead Object to Post

Oh dear that's such a bummer, I was searching up showcats tonight for old times' sake and hoping to rejoin. I used to play it so much as a kid and today I've actually shown real cats here and there. I preferred it to this one.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.