Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Breeds dying out
 Dragunov
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/2/2022 12:00:18 AM reply with quote send message to Dragunov Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Am I the only one who is overly paranoid about one of my breeds "dying out" and having to be restarted? If I found out a breed I'd been working on for years had to be restarted I would be nearly devastated. Lol! :'( I really wish there was some sort of work-around or something, like frozen semen or something that could last a couple years or something!

-----
Last edited by Dragunov on 6/2/2022 12:00:48 AM
 DoggyPanache
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/2/2022 11:05:01 AM reply with quote send message to DoggyPanache Object to Post

Agree, I have a couple that are in danger. I keep at least 4 males and 4 females so I can breed but the gene pool keeps shrinking.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/2/2022 2:30:24 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Not me. The game is naturally resetting itself based on interest in breeds.

Will
 Zareth Shahar
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/4/2022 12:45:52 PM reply with quote send message to Zareth Shahar Object to Post

Yep! I have to remind myself my effort on the game just matters on the game, as in there's really no point to the game. If a breed dies out, it might suck, but the effort mattered at the time, not anymore, but frozen semen is an awesome idea.
 GaylanStudio2
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/6/2022 9:09:47 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio2 Object to Post

I know it sounds strange but I agree with both of these views. Reviving rare breeds can be a refreshing challenge to someone but I also am saddened to see the hard work of others, sometimes my own, lost. This is probably why I have so many kennels sitting on various breeds because I don't have time to work with them all.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler