Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : A litter of 100 SOP
 Eclipse 207
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
11/21/2022 5:11:53 PM reply with quote send message to Eclipse 207 Object to Post   

I've just recently returned to ShowDog after about 15 years. And there are a couple questions I have.

I have a litter of 7 puppies that were just born today. There are 6 with 100 SOP and one with 99.10. IS THIS NORMAL???

When I left ShowDog previously, if I remember correctly, they had just implemented a different SOP with percentages or something like that. Or am I not remembering correctly?

Other than color, does it matter who you keep? Is one actually better than another?

A bit confused.
 CzarinaEstates
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/21/2022 5:26:32 PM reply with quote send message to CzarinaEstates Object to Post

Hello,
Well it depends on what breed you are in. Some breeds have hit the 100 SOP and for those breeds, especially if they have been at 100 for a while, a mostly 100 SOP litter is lucky but still definitely normal.
Even with dogs that are 100 SOP there are very small differences at the decimal levels. You cannot see on the stats but it’s likely one dog has 10.0004 head while the other has a 9.998 etc.
Honestly those subtle differences don’t make much impact I don’t think. I’ve had dogs with 97.4 SOP that show a lot better than a 97.5 SOP dog in some of my kennels, sometimes it’s just down to the dog. You have two routes to go- session them all and show them, see which ones pull away from the pack and sell the others. Or just pick one or two based on things like color, number in the litter, whatever. And hope for the best!
 Eclipse 207
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/21/2022 5:37:19 PM reply with quote send message to Eclipse 207 Object to Post

Didn't there used to be a site where you could see those decimal points in the SOP?
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/21/2022 5:59:01 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

If it's GSD they have been at 100 SOP for a while now. A good way to see what is average for a breed is to look at what's for sale. Usually that gives you a good average SOP, for common colors at least.

-----
Last edited by XiZang on 11/21/2022 6:01:11 PM
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/21/2022 6:09:11 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

posted by Eclipse 207
Didn't there used to be a site where you could see those decimal points in the SOP?
You are probably thinking about Skipwall, which was used prior to Jeff adding the SOP feature on to the site itself. That site is defunct.

(If anyone wants a little walk down SD memory lane: https://www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=111907 )

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.