Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : How is this even possible?
 Fabre
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
1/4/2023 4:28:24 PM reply with quote send message to Fabre Object to Post   

How is an unsessioned starter dog able to beat my fully sessioned obviously better dog under Paul Phillips today? That's insane. They both had handlers, both male etc. Zero reason for that to happen.
 SiberianKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2023 4:38:03 PM reply with quote send message to SiberianKennel Object to Post

I believe there is a small percentage of randomness that makes up the algorithm for shows- and occasionally that causes a glitch where something like that happens. Luckily it doesn’t happen very often.
I pretend the judge was either drunk or paid off when it happens!
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2023 4:38:24 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Sucks for sure.
This has happened to others.
Obviously a glitch somewhere.
 Sunwing
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2023 5:56:47 PM reply with quote send message to Sunwing Object to Post

posted by SiberianKennel
I pretend the judge was either drunk or paid off when it happens!
Drunk judges is my new Showdog headcanon lol!
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2023 6:13:50 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

I still think it has something to do with this judge preference:

Thinks dogs should be compared to how good they are vs the rest of their breed rather than overall quality vs all dogs.
But it's random, probably a glitch, and never fails to make me laugh.
 Llanelli
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2023 8:39:14 PM reply with quote send message to Llanelli Object to Post

I think it’s a weird glitch. I entered several dogs between two accounts at that show and I was wondering what went wrong lol. I’m pretty good about picking shows and handlers and almost every single dog I entered lost.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2023 11:37:52 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Definitely related to:
Thinks dogs should be compared to how good they are vs the rest of their breed rather than overall quality vs all dogs.

It probably worked just fine in the beginning when everyone was "near starter" relatively speaking and fairly equal. It seems this always crops up with these judges when they are presented with near-starter dogs recovery dogs.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/7/2023 7:37:00 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

See, it happened again today with Kerrie Orval, same quality preference:

https://www.showdog.com/shows/judge_info.aspx?judge=Kerrie+Orval

If anyone is concerned, I'd just avoid judges with this preference.
 CoffieDog
Basic User

Basic User
1/7/2023 9:38:40 PM reply with quote send message to CoffieDog Object to Post

Just like in real life dog shows!

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.