Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : ShowDog...last one standing?
 CoffieDog
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/31/2024 3:35:14 PM reply with quote send message to CoffieDog Object to Post   

Is ShowDog the last of Jeff's show animal sim sites? All the other sites listed below have dead links? I know most were closed already but I thought there was still a couple going aside from SD. I remember when all of these sites were up and running...

ShowCats
ShowCattle
ShowGoat
ShowHog
ShowHorse
ShowLamb
ShowRabbits
TrophyHorse

sad :(
 Fingerprint
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/1/2024 1:30:39 AM reply with quote send message to Fingerprint Object to Post

I believe so
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/1/2024 1:32:10 AM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

Showcat
Showgoat
Showhorse
Showrabbit
Trophyhorse

I had all these
 tarad202
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/1/2024 10:59:48 AM reply with quote send message to tarad202 Object to Post

I didn't realize the others had all closed! I would gladly pay a few more bucks a month if it meant keeping the show ring lights on.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/1/2024 11:47:57 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I didn't think Goat, Lamb. or Hog ever really got going . . .

I miss ShowHorse.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/2/2024 12:20:18 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Jeff said he has no intention of Shutting Showdog down.
I would not like it to cost more though. Some of us are on a pension.
 TriStar Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/3/2024 7:06:57 PM reply with quote send message to TriStar Kennels Object to Post

I joined SD way back in 2003 ... if you can even believe it. I still think of the game often, I left several years ago now, I had kids, real dogs and life got too busy. Now i find I have some more time and I miss the game...

Is it worth coming back? Is it fun anymore? I'm almost positive none of my dogs are still around, but at one point I have 3 family accounts with all different breeds...

It got boring when all the breeds were at 100 SOP, I think that's what finally did it for me... there just wasn't anymore progress to be made.

Looking around briefly it seems like that is still the case... mostly 100's.

I'm not even sure if anyone I used to know is still here... some of my accounts were Alibi, Striker, Shadowrun, Silhouette Kennels... and more.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/7/2024 7:52:50 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

I miss ShowCats the most, I was on there pretty obsessively til it closed. Sad to hear that all but ShowDog are gone, these sites were unironically my whole childhood <3
 CoffieDog
Basic User

Basic User
2/15/2024 12:44:27 PM reply with quote send message to CoffieDog Object to Post

posted by Little River Kennel
I miss ShowCats the most, I was on there pretty obsessively til it closed. Sad to hear that all but ShowDog are gone, these sites were unironically my whole childhood <3
Same, ShowCats was the site I was active on the most. At one point even having multiple premium accounts. It was my first experience in an online community forum so I will forever cherish the memories. I even took screenshots of some of my favorite cats the day before it closed...

Basic User

Basic User
2/15/2024 12:59:01 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Yes, it is.

Not a lot of text based sites launched in the 2000s still around.
 Carolyn
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/21/2024 12:41:55 AM reply with quote send message to Carolyn Object to Post

I have played Showdog off and on since November 2003!,
I am glad the game is still available to us and hope it’s around a while longer.

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.