Search

.com Forum · SD Fever

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Show Result Roundup - 06/04/24
 Gem Crest Kennels
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
6/5/2024 7:46:29 PM reply with quote send message to Gem Crest Kennels Object to Post   

TRHD all breed 82 Entries: 590 Judge: Jill Quinton

Judges Comments: While looking at all of the dogs in the ring today I was looking for a good head that had the breed's utility but a good expression shown as well. I was also looking at a nice topline in a stack, good height and size and nicely played feet while they are standing and moving around the ring. I also prefer to see the owner working with their dogs in the ring over handlers taking their places.

Best in show went to GCH Shelador Rhythm Musical, a Yellow Labrador Retriever. She is winning her second Best in show win and ribbon to add to her wall. Handled by her owner The Slough Rovers. Congratulations to both owner and dog on the win today.

Second in show was a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named GCH Captiva Spring Fling. That’s gonna be Best in Group placing number two for this girl. Handled by her owner Suds Kennel to the top and a freshly named Grand Champion at that. Congratulations to both owner and dog on the win today.

Third in show went to CH Fancy Thistler, the Bi-Color Shetland Sheepdog. Making that 8 Best in group wins for this fancy fellow. Handled by his owner Hasmos Hounds, by the way they are just slightly over ? of there way to a grand champion title. Congratulations to both owner and dog on the win today.

Fourth in show and finishing the podium was CH Carnewf Dilly, the Gray Newfoundland. This is her first Best in group placing and something she has been trying to do for a long time running. She was handled by her owner and breeder Carolyn. Congratulations to both owner and dog on the win today.

The remaining group winners were TJ Soundoff (Black and Tan Coonhound), GCH Nachthunde Troy (Tibetan Terrier) and GCH Detroit’s Sioux of Greyfriar (Smooth Fox Terrier).

The Best Owner Handled went to GCH Shelador Rhythm Musical (Labrador Retriever) and Best Puppy went to CH WS Cat Walk (American Cocker Spaniel).

Nata All Breed 36 Entries: 552 Judge: Sarah Smith

Judges Comments: When I am looking at the dogs in the ring, I would prefer a good structure in the front and hind quarters to show that the dog is muscled and toned to their breed utility and I want to see the height of each dog. When I am feeling the dog for the exam I am looking for the structure of the shoulder to be at the right angle and to feel the muscles. When feeling the back portion of the dog I want to see the muscle tone and I want to feel the dog as a stable dog. I want the height of each dog to be the standard and I want to see them next to their handler going at a good pace when in gait. I like dogs that have been shown more often over the newcomers to the breed shows and I prefer to have dogs in the ring seasoned in what is expected before them before they win or are my first picks.

Best in show went to Rookwood Tequila Mist, the Bernese Mountain Dog. This girl is getting a slew of firsts today. She got her first Best in Breed, Best in Group and Best in Show all at one show today. She has had a history of only getting 4th or 3rd in classes for her breed and got a very nice judge today. Handled by Julie Patton today for her owner and breeder Rookwood. Congratulations to both owner and dog on the win today.

Second in show was yet another puppy named Outrigger Betha, the Irish water Spaniel. She is making her second Best in Group win today after her first yesterday. She was handled by Juilie Patton for owner and breeder Outrigger and made that second leg to her Champion title today. Congratulations to both owner and dog on the win today.

Taking third today is a new gal to the show ring, Crush Sabelle, a Borzoi. She is winning her second Best in Breed and her first Best in Group placement today. She has only been showing for three days and is a stunning lady in the ring. She is already almost a Champion and just shy by one point! Handled by Justin Moyer for owner and breeder Crush, also congratulations on this little lady. Congratulations to both owner and dog on the huge accomplishment today and for her parents who are now in pet homes.

Fourth in the show went to CH Lanakila Bubbles, a Cardigan Welsh Corgi. She is winning her first Best in breed and Best in group win today. Congratulations on the finished Champion title for her as well at this show today. She was handled by Justin Moyer for owner and breeder Lanakila Corgis. Congratulations to both owner and dog on the win today.

The remaining group winners were GCH DenKees Silver rose Dragon (Keeshond), GCh Andy’s Don’t Get Caught (sealyham Terrier) and GCH Solcintra Malakbel (Chinese Crested Dog).

The Best Owner Handled went to GCH Rookwood Forest of wisdom (Bernese Mountain Dog) and Best Puppy went to Outrigger Betha (Irish Water Spaniel).

Compet Presents All Breed Bonanza 95 Entries: 527 Judge: Helen Crippin

Judges Comments: When looking at the winners I picked today, I was looking for three key things, a great topline, coat and feet. When I am judging a topline, I am looking for a stable looking back that has muscle tone and shows that the dog is versatile in their utility. When looking at the coat, I am looking for breed traits to be shown and to see the coat shine with no mats or knots. When looking at the feet while moving, I want to see the track of placement be in a straight line and not having the pwas fly outwards or turn inwards. I also have a preference for bitches in the ring over dogs but I do like staying close to my breed standards over preference. When I look at who is handling the dogs, I would love to see the owners and get to know about the owner and dogs bond in the ring and how they work with each other.

Best in show went to GCH Solcintra Sunshine Daydream, the Gordon Setter. That will be her 10th Best in Show win for herself and her owner! Handled by her personal owner and breeder Solcintra Kennels who has handled to the top from the start! Congratulations to both owner and dog on the win today!

Second in show went to GCH Point Break Fortune Teller, the Mahogany Belgian Tervuren. Making this her 7th Best in group win and yet another ribbon to add to her wall but with an open space for her hopes for a Best in show soon. She was handled by her owner The Slough Rovers and is currently working towards that dream of the Bronze Grand Champion title.Congratulations to both owner and dog on the win today.

Third in the show today went to a GCH KBKs Junee, the Siberian Husky. That makes a total of 10 Best in Group wins for this lady. Handled by her owner Hamos Hounds today for the win. Congratulations to both owner and dog on the win today.

Fourth in the show was Crush Tara, the Black and Tan Borzoi. She is winning her first Best in Breed and Best in Group placing at her first show! Now that is a lot of firsts. Handled by her owner and breeder Crush getting her first of three legs to her Champion title today. Congratulations to both owner and dog on the win today.

The remaining Best in Group winners were GCH KaPri White Lightning (Tibetan Terrier), GCH MHs Mudhoney (Jack Russell Terrier) and CH Malted In The Maze (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel).

Best Owner Handled went to GCH Sunshine Daydream (Gordon Setter) and Best Puppy went to MtSlvr Time Zone (Gordon Setter). Congratulations to the Gordon Setters and their kennels for the huge sweep today!

Jester Dogs 302nd All Breed Show Entries: 484 Judge: Emerson Shores

Judges Comments: When looking at the dogs overall in the ring, I was looking for good head placement and expression as well as a nice topline when standing for the exam. I am also looking for nice placement of the shoulders and leg angulation in the forequarters. I also am looking at the height and size of each dog. I do prefer bitches over dogs in the ring but I am not overt to it. I also would like to see handlers in the ring over owners. That way I can see how the dogs act and behave with someone they aren’t around all of the time.

Best in show went to GCH Kilohana Theres Your Trouble, the Mastiff. This will be her first Best in Breed placing and Best in Show placing. A nice group of ribbons are being taken home today for her. Handled by Maret Gentile for owner and breeder Kilohanna Kennels. COngratulations to both owner and dog on the win today.

Second in show went to a Cardigan Welsh Corgi named GCH Lanakila Let*s Set Sail. Making that her 5th Best in group win today and yet another ribbon on her winners board. She was handled by Maret Gentile for owner and breeder Lanakila Corgis. Congratulations to both owner and dog on the win today.

Third in show was CH Vintage Another Moon, the Wild Boar Wire-hiared Dachshund. Making this her 2nd Best in group win! Handled by Maret Gentile for owner Ranch JAH. Congratulations to both owner and dog for the win today. Also side note, so happy to see her doing so well with her new family, yes I had her for a bit at my kennel before we rehomed her to Ranch JAH.

Fourth in show was GCH Solcintra Enyo, the Chinese Crested Dog. This is her first Best in Group placing today. She was handled by Maret Gentile for owner and breeder Solcintra Kennels and on their way towards a bronze Grand Champion title now. Congratulations to both owner and dog on the win today.

The remaining group winners were CH JP Summertime Lass (Standard Poodle), Moray Calandra (Chesapeake Bay Retriever) and CH Blazons Never-Nile (Bull Terrier).

Best Owner Handled went to Lanakila Toughen Up (Australian Cattle Dog) and Best Puppy went to Lanakila Shiny Happy People (Cardigan Welsh Corgi).

TRST all breed 59 Entries: 473 Judge: Gerry Salazar

Judges Comments:

Best in show GCH Chonselta Auspicious, the German Shepherd Dog. This win makes her have 7 total Best in show ribbons on her wall of fame now. She was handled by her owner and breeder Chonselta from start to finish. Congratulations to both owner and dog on the win today.

Second in the show was TLC Kelsey Andromeda, the Irish Setter. She is taking home her second Best in Group win today. She was handled by her owner and breeder The lemon Claws. Congratulations to both owner and dog on the win today.

Third in show GCH Madigan’s At Last, an Afghan Hound. That makes her have a total of two group wins and ribbons on the wall now! Handled by her owner and breeder XiZang from start to finish and they are currently going after a bronze GCH title. Congratulations to both owner and dog on the win today.

Fourth in show was CH Triomphe Pinot Rouge, the Standard Poodle. Making this her second best in breed and first best in group win. She was handled by her owner Aldeberan, and is making that ? legs of her Grand Championship title. Congratulations to both owner and dog on the win today.

The remaining group winners were GCH Arament’s Keep the Faith (American Staffordshire Terrier), Aerostar Two Perfect Tens (Papillon) and GCH ISR That Feminine Touch (Rottweiler).

Best Owner Handled went to GCH Chonselta Auspicious (German Shepherd Dog) and Best Puppy went to TLC Kelsey Andromeda (Irish Setter).
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/6/2024 2:40:41 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Thank you for the kind comments.
 Aldeberan
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/6/2024 2:41:19 PM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post

Thank you for the kind comments.

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.