Search

.com Forum · SD Fever

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Breed in the Spotlight
 Cristalina PyrShep
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/14/2012 4:34:57 AM reply with quote send message to Cristalina PyrShep Object to Post   

Please can I ask you to suggest breeds that you believe deserve to be featured in SD Fever as a Breed in the Spotlight

The breed may be your own or simply one you are interested in and wish to know more

Please give reasons when nominating a breed

Thank you everyone happy :)
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/14/2012 7:05:01 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

Dachshunds- While these are quite common in real life ("oooo look, a wiener dog!), they could use some activity on this site. They are a great breed with rising SOP, TONS of colors for color projects, and more!
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/14/2012 10:59:17 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

Bulldogs happy :)
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/15/2012 12:55:43 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

posted by Amoroso
Dachshunds- While these are quite common in real life ("oooo look, a wiener dog!), they could use some activity on this site. They are a great breed with rising SOP, TONS of colors for color projects, and more!
Completely agree! I nomiate Doxies too.

Alexandria of Laffy-Taffy Kennels
 Larkenloch
Basic User

Basic User
3/2/2013 1:30:34 PM reply with quote send message to Larkenloch Object to Post

Otterhounds.
We've been struggling to keep them afloat and there's only two or three people in them. Showing is difficult so not a lot of dogs show, it's imperative we get more people. I am also offering my banner making services to those who join.
 TrumpetsGo
Basic User

Basic User
7/20/2016 12:11:29 PM reply with quote send message to TrumpetsGo Object to Post

beagle is one of the best..
 Whatadog
Basic User

Basic User
3/2/2019 1:46:41 PM reply with quote send message to Whatadog Object to Post

Chinese Cresteds

Tiny pool of breeders, exhibitors.
Lots of genetic variation with colors, hairless vs. Powderpuffs.

Opportunities to improve gene pool.
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
3/2/2019 5:12:45 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

I'm interested in hearing about breeds that have no breeders like the Lakeland Terrier or ones that only have one or two like the Mudi. Don't know why, I'm just interested in seeing about those breeds.

However, I'm always for nominating my breed- the cane corso. My reason for nominating is that there are several breeders. It seems like some breeders have recently quit and some breeders have recently came back. There are several different colors (probably not as many as some of the breeds). All of the lines here on SD are pretty competitive in the show ring. We don't have a ton of breeders, just a comfortable amount right now.
In real life, they're incredibly loyal, pleasing dogs. At one time, the cane corso breed almost went extinct and now it is gaining more popularity (at least where I live). Seems like there is a large controversy about cropping and docking corsos as well. They're very versatile and can do most dog sports. They're also relatively healthy when compared to other mastiffs.
Last but not least, the reason I nominate the cane corso is because all of my older neighbors think that we just have a bunch of brindle Labrador Retrievers running around our house. We've even had one gentleman offer to train one of our "Labradors" for dove and duck hunting (after all, they're some of the nicest labs he's ever seen).
 Mobnn
Basic User

Basic User
11/27/2019 5:40:09 PM reply with quote send message to Mobnn Object to Post

The Danes deserve this.Period.happy :)
 bloodbear
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/30/2019 1:44:46 AM reply with quote send message to bloodbear Object to Post

!!!!!! Thread is 7 years ago.
The OP hasnt been active since 2013.

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.