Search

.com Forum · Off Topic Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : The Pass a Pup game
 †Creed†
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/24/2013 10:39:13 PM reply with quote send message to †Creed† Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I remember so long ago when this was a game Myself and November Rain (long gone sad :( ) did. It was quite fun and it really brought the community together and kept the forums alive and fun. It's played like this;

-Game sponsor names an otherwise FHable dog "prefix here" Pass Pup. And makes a note on the dogs page indicating to "keep passing" (referencing to this thread).
-Pastes the link to the dog in the game thread (here).
-Someone would buy the dog for $100 and then place back up for sale.
-Whoever has the dog can post the link in any other reply or thread started by them at random in any forum topic (alpha, general, etc).
example
I reply to a thread in the Beginner Forum
"You can find the help center in the top right corner of the screen."
(Insert dogs link at random)
-The dog is then bought by whomever finds his link and the cycle continues.

Rules
-You cannot start a thread at random just to pass the dog. The dogs link must be found via thread surfing.
-You may buy the dog back as often as you want.
-The dog must ALWAYS be kept on $100 auto.

At the end of one (1) week, the person who has the dog in their kennel at 9:01 SD time will win $500. They then place the dog on $600 (prize + cost of buying) approval only and the game sponsor will purchase the dog, in which the next game sponsor will have a new Pass Pup started.

How can this game be beneficial?
- Its fun.
-Keeps the forums alive.
-New sponsors (optional should they choose to sponsor) can show off their dogs.
-Keeps money circulating.
-You never lose out with money. You will always break even buying and selling for $100 and of course there is the jackpot!

So, that said, who would be interested in playing? If enough people are for it, I will host the first Pass Pup and $500 payout. happy :)

-Creed

-----
Last edited by †Creed† on 10/24/2013 10:43:26 PM
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2013 12:04:30 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

So you can post his link on ANY post? I think I get this and it's quite interesting...

Alexandria
 Europa Black
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2013 1:05:14 PM reply with quote send message to Europa Black Object to Post

^Same here. Although some bits are quite confusing.. Like who picks the dog to start off?
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2013 6:38:13 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

And what happens if somebody like a one-time basic buys it? I just thought of that...

Alexandria
 †Creed†
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2013 6:59:55 PM reply with quote send message to †Creed† Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Yes, you can literally post his link at random on any post. And at the start of the game, the link is posted here first. Then someone who sees him here will buy and that's when the randomness begins and his link can be posted literally anywhere but let's not go into breed specific forums. Some people simply don't look at forums for breeds they are not part of.

We can post in anything from the Alpha forum to the Source breeding forum.

Also, in the event the dog is purchased and then not placed back up for $100 auto, the game sponsor will send a message to whomever owns the dog. If they dog is not placed back up within a 12 hour period, the game sponsor will then create a new dog and thus the cycle will start over.

Make sense? happy :)

-----
Last edited by †Creed† on 10/25/2013 8:21:13 PM
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2013 11:23:57 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Okay, I've got this now.

So when do we start? razz :p lol.

Alexandria
 †Creed†
Basic User

Basic User
10/28/2013 9:47:13 AM reply with quote send message to †Creed† Object to Post

I want to see of enough people are willing to play. happy :)

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class