Search

.com Forum · Obedience Forum

Replies in this thread : 91
Page : 1 2 3 4 5
<< prev page next page >>

sweetpea_kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/9/2006 1:52:48 AM reply with quote send message to sweetpea_kennels Object to Post

Definitely deserves a bump! laugh :D Thank you! You answered tons of my questions!
 Dog Quest
Basic User

Basic User
2/17/2006 2:34:59 PM reply with quote send message to Dog Quest Object to Post

posted by Snow Bears
posted by Pacificgold
How Many Legs Do they Need until they get their First title CD ( I know in Real Life its 3 Same on SHow Dogs ???)
LOLOLOL I am such a newbie!! I thought, OMG your dog can lose legs in this game?!?! D'oh...yes I am a blonde.

Lol!!!!!!!!!!
 sweetpea_kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/17/2006 2:38:15 PM reply with quote send message to sweetpea_kennels Object to Post

LOL! I believe the dog needs 4 legs....j/k
 MysticDreams
Basic User

Basic User
2/18/2006 7:26:10 PM reply with quote send message to MysticDreams Object to Post

All this info helped me greatly.. I had been trying to get a Tibetan M His first Title ( CD ) and I just couldnt... After reading all of this, I used the advice and my Tibetan M got his first Q score a 181 happy :) Now he is on his way...

Thanks so much!

MysticDreams & ShadowMyst Kennels
 Avelyn
Basic User

Basic User
2/21/2006 2:24:53 PM reply with quote send message to Avelyn Object to Post

Bump
 MysticDreams
Basic User

Basic User
2/25/2006 10:54:13 PM reply with quote send message to MysticDreams Object to Post

Well it all works *yay* I did as outlined and my Tibetan got his CD in three shows... I am now working him for his nesxt title...

Thanks for the info
 middlemark
Basic User

Basic User
2/26/2006 2:02:20 PM reply with quote send message to middlemark Object to Post

Bump. I think this post will be helpful to newbies in obedience. Lol, where are saint bernards in that list?

I just sessioned my saint and found out why his 15 didnt go up(after 44 sessions(buying them, it`s the exact number)) and then it just hit me. I was sessioning the wrong trait!
lol, and that trait was already 20, so I curse my luck.

I am an experienced breeder, so I just have to take the time to laugh at Lori lol. j/k but lol, I can`t stop laughing!
 Cynosure
Basic User

Basic User
2/27/2006 4:16:41 PM reply with quote send message to Cynosure Object to Post

You did a great job putting together all the information for obedience here at SD. Not only did you get all the information in there but it is easy to read and understand.

One thing though, you can't extrapolate from the list of most dogs of specific breeds shown in AKC obedience to those breeds which are most easily trained in obedience. For one thing some breeds have many more individuals registered in that breed than other breeds. That alone would make a significant difference, but there are also many other things that impact the number of dogs in a given breed which are shown in obedience. As was already brought up, Border Collies are recognized as probably the most easily trained for obedience.

Other than that though your post is great, thanks for taking the time to create it. It helped me realize how to more efficiently session my dogs for obedience.

Lee
Cynosure

middlemark
Basic User

Basic User
3/1/2006 4:35:03 PM reply with quote send message to middlemark Object to Post

posted by Cynosure

You did a great job putting together all the information for obedience here at SD. Not only did you get all the information in there but it is easy to read and understand.

One thing though, you can't extrapolate from the list of most dogs of specific breeds shown in AKC obedience to those breeds which are most easily trained in obedience. For one thing some breeds have many more individuals registered in that breed than other breeds. That alone would make a significant difference, but there are also many other things that impact the number of dogs in a given breed which are shown in obedience. As was already brought up, Border Collies are recognized as probably the most easily trained for obedience.

Other than that though your post is great, thanks for taking the time to create it. It helped me realize how to more efficiently session my dogs for obedience.

Lee
Cynosure

There is a showdog obedience list of breeds that are the most trainable.

And thought this page deserves a bump.
 sweetpea_kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/3/2006 4:26:16 AM reply with quote send message to sweetpea_kennels Object to Post

Back to give another bump.

Oh...and just so you know. I've referenced many people to this thread when the ask obedience questions....cuz it answers them all!
 middlemark
Basic User

Basic User
3/4/2006 12:54:13 PM reply with quote send message to middlemark Object to Post

bump.

There is only one thing about obedience that I hate... It takes forever to session the dogs.
 middlemark
Basic User

Basic User
3/5/2006 2:44:55 PM reply with quote send message to middlemark Object to Post

bumpity bump bump
 Avelyn
Basic User

Basic User
3/15/2006 12:20:03 PM reply with quote send message to Avelyn Object to Post

bump
 JayKay
Basic User

Basic User
4/4/2006 7:47:28 AM reply with quote send message to JayKay Object to Post

bump

It's getting too low wink ;)

Jessica
 middlemark
Basic User

Basic User
4/4/2006 9:05:21 PM reply with quote send message to middlemark Object to Post

Bump,

Lord, why is the obedience page so deserted? sad :(
 Featherrun
Basic User

Basic User
4/6/2006 11:15:52 AM reply with quote send message to Featherrun Object to Post

Bumping again...good info!!!!
 jrtlvr101
Basic User

Basic User
4/23/2006 6:44:00 PM reply with quote send message to jrtlvr101 Object to Post

This really helps! I'm going to use this when I finally decide to do Obedience.
 McK Belgians
Basic User

Basic User
4/26/2006 12:05:53 PM reply with quote send message to McK Belgians Object to Post

HELP! My dog has his UD and I would like to show him in Utility B, but it puts him back to Novice A and you can't change the class. What do I do?

Thanks,
McK Belgians
"Obedience is our thing"
 ShadowMyst Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/23/2006 1:51:34 PM reply with quote send message to ShadowMyst Kennels Object to Post

Bumping this up!!!

South Pine Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/29/2006 1:27:21 PM reply with quote send message to South Pine Kennels Object to Post

I have a quick question. Does the judge matter in obedience like it does in conformation?

South Pine Kennels

Replies in this thread : 91
Page : 1 2 3 4 5
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.