.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Helen Crippen announces retirement
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

System.__ComObject Forum Moderator
3/31/2016 3:26:26 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post   

Helen Crippen has decided to retire from judging after judging the April 2016 Maltese Nationals on 4/25/2016
 terryterrier
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/31/2016 10:45:45 AM reply with quote send message to terryterrier Object to Post

Already!!!!???

She's only been around a couple of months! And she prefers owner handlers. We lost Bruce Bass last month too!!!

I know it's random but that's just bad luck. sad :(
 terryterrier
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/31/2016 10:46:56 AM reply with quote send message to terryterrier Object to Post

Luckily newbie Barbara will do as a replacement!!!
 Degree
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2016 10:57:23 AM reply with quote send message to Degree Object to Post

Relax... these OH judges didn't exist that long ago anyway. They are nice when I am too lazy to choose handlers but they aren't special - they choose the same dogs just like every other judge.
 Auchenleck
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2016 12:50:01 PM reply with quote send message to Auchenleck Object to Post

When you haven't a lot of time, the OH judges are very useful. And dare I say it, they seem to get higher entries than others.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2016 8:24:26 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

this is why I would like to see limits on the judges -

Once introduced judges would be guaranteed to stick around at least.... 6 months...??

and there would be a mandatory retirement at ... 24 months ....

those are just randomly selected lengths, but you get the idea. Maybe when the currently awaited updates are complete we can have a member vote
 Degree
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2016 8:37:02 PM reply with quote send message to Degree Object to Post

No, I like the randomness of it... All of the crying occurs with these OH judges anyway. No tears for Jeff Dunbar over there today :P
 Artistri 2
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2016 9:38:12 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri 2 Object to Post

posted by Degree
No, I like the randomness of it... All of the crying occurs with these OH judges anyway. No tears for Jeff Dunbar over there today :P
I'm actually sad to see Jeff Dunbar go! He was one of the only judges that would give group wins to english setters!
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/1/2016 10:25:41 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

You can't be serious!!!
Random?
I think not.
There at less then 1% handler free judges and the rest like small heads...pretty much.
I say we boycott the shows until we get more handler free judges...

Just kidding! laugh :D

But really, I'm rather pissed.
sad :(

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.