.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 31
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2014 4:47:12 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

I am more than willing to sponsor an all breed show and possibly a specialty once a month out of my basic account. So look out for those, will start after November 1st. I just haven't done this yet because of lack of entries. I will make a separate post for specialty requests and some judge requests.

Now my opinion on the idea of randomizing judges, I think that if certain judges are coming up consistently on site generated shows then that is on admin (maybe?, not sure how it works exactly) but if people are paying the excess money to hire that certain handler constantly then there needs to be a limit on how many times you can hire a handler in a week. Or something to that effect. I don't think we should take away the option to hire a handler, but I definitely think there needs to be a set of rules/guidelines that avoid the excessive use of one or two judges.
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2014 6:48:10 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

posted by Peace Kennels

My concern, personally, is that there are no options available currently. I feel like more game-sponsored shows with randomized judges would solve this issue. Allowing players more choices in shows and judges to begin with would make things much more interesting.

The issue is that A. the first show in the schedule tends to get the most entries and B. ANY show with an Owner-handler judge gets the most entries.
Especially in a breed with just enough entries to support one show a day, or really ANY breed if you want overall or group rankings or placings, you have no choice but to enter the owner-handler shows, regardless of how much variety is on the schedule.

I liked the "old days" when no-handler shows were RARE and a real treat. I think the number of no-handler judges we have is fine, they're just being over used. If they went back to random assignments, then it would be a grand treat for us all when one popped up, and we'd have a more varied and interesting game the rest of the time.
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/27/2014 2:25:08 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I have just sponsored my first ever show (happening in November) - being a specialty non-handler show with a random judge.

At this stage I can't see myself doing an all-breeds show because of the cost.

Also I rather like randomizing judges as it gives more choice, rather than the same names appearing, would also like to see one or two more non-handler judges as well.

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 10/27/2014 2:27:16 AM
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2014 5:15:59 PM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

13 more votes!
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/27/2014 10:07:04 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I am also breeding for judges. I went through the judges several months ago and calculated which were the most popular traits for winning dogs. They don't match the breed traits for some (most) of my breeds. I started trying to improve the traits that judges are looking for. This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I don't have an issue with trying to improve weak traits in a breed, but it should be to improve the overall quality of the breed, not to please certain judges. I am undecided about what to do at this point.

This was a few months ago but this is what I came up with

head VH x 4 H x 5
fore VH x 5 H x 10
hind VH x 6 H x 6
gait VH x 1 H x 10
tnb VH x 2 H x 7
coat VH x 2 H x 16
size VH x 4 H x 11
feet VH x 4 H x 14

-----
Last edited by Tarot on 10/27/2014 10:11:51 PM
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
10/28/2014 12:59:25 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Thanks to all who have been able to add shows!!! Way to go!

The judges who prefer owner-handlers are great - but moderation in everything.... having Rachel or Bruce every darn day is just tedious and boring.

Like others have said, due to the low entries all round, we have to enter these shows.

So - if you haven't voted in the poll at the top of this thread yet, please do so - have your say.

Jeff, hopefully you are seeing some great ideas coming through that could bring back some excitement to our shows.

K

Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
10/28/2014 2:10:16 PM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

Andrew Lopez...Daniel foster....
I wish I could afford to sponsor a show! Someone want to buy my dogs? laugh :D

9 more votes..tell your fellow breeders.
 Vivente
Basic User

Basic User
10/28/2014 4:24:03 PM reply with quote send message to Vivente Object to Post

I hosted a show for November 5, and tried to from my Amoroso account but it glitched and I had $200 removed now for nothing sad :( But, hopefully that gets fixed soon and two new shows are on the schedule!
 Charmason
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/29/2014 5:36:41 AM reply with quote send message to Charmason Object to Post

If people prefer owner handling judges then of course they will sponsor shows while the facility exists. The problem here is there are now only 4 out of the whole pool so the same judges can appear. Personally I prefer owner handling for time purposes and ease, not influencing or winning the end of the month show. The breeds I show in have fairly healthy entries in these shows. I'd be quite happy for randomising judges but only if there was an equal spilt of owner and handler preferring judges.
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
10/29/2014 11:56:31 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

This has been done.
 lisra
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/9/2014 11:42:04 AM reply with quote send message to lisra Object to Post

I also prefer the old way it was years ago. Random judges, not sponsored picked judges. Maybe set it up so there is a random owner handler everyday

Replies in this thread : 31
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.