Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 40
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2015 9:35:23 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Best of Opp. ( No 2nd 3rd or 4th in Breed ). only 2 bitches entered =/= 3 points?

www.showdog.com/shows/breed_results.aspx?show=Fall+Frolic+II&breed=Standard+Poodle

-----
Last edited by Beach Dunes on 10/26/2015 9:35:35 AM
 Castleberry
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2015 2:01:41 PM reply with quote send message to Castleberry Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

every time this dog was awarded 2 points it was an error

www.showdog.com/users/showresults.aspx?id=14340729

so, out of 14 shows, points were awarded correctly 4 times 3 of the 4 times she was the only dog entered.

So in essence points were awarded correctly 1 out of 10 times.

Edited to add: I didn't notice any incorrect points with my kennels yesterday. But her points were wrong again today.

-----
Last edited by Castleberry on 10/26/2015 2:06:40 PM
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2015 5:33:26 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

Has anyone heard from Jeff on this or any other recent issues?
 LetsShow
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2015 10:03:23 PM reply with quote send message to LetsShow Object to Post

Mignon Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/28/2015 5:48:00 PM reply with quote send message to Mignon Kennel Object to Post

WD rcvd 2 points, but looks to me like he should have rcvd 0

www.showdog.com/shows/breed_results.aspx?show=Canine+Ceilidh+30&breed=Maltese
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/28/2015 8:06:30 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

Mignon- those Maltese results are correct. WD was BOW, therefore earning the two points.
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2015 1:21:15 AM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2015 8:00:57 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

I have to say that personally, I don't see an issue with the results. In the example given that judge likes familiar dogs and as far as I can see the winning dog has the longest show history I saw.
The judge has also placed this dog at the top previously and she has beaten at least one of the specials before.

The way I look at it is this way - I don't want to be able to predict the winner 100% of the time. I like to scratch my head and wonder why occasionally. That's real life and I like the results to work in that manner.

I would have issue with 'buggy' results - starter dogs beating current SOP dogs, VERY unsessioned dogs beating fully sessioned dogs.

I don't see these results as being 'buggy' -

.... I'll also add that it's early and I'm first cup of coffee, so maybe I missed something.
 Xi-Chi
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2015 8:25:13 AM reply with quote send message to Xi-Chi Object to Post

Now I'm out of practice because I was gone for 3 years, but shouldn't that girl only have gotten 4 points, Gypsy?

This is my dog so I'm not calling anyone else out or anything, but I don't think she was supposed to get some of these points either. Again, I could be wrong.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14319203

-Serenity
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2015 11:39:39 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

Xi-Chi that looks right to me.
She was Best of Winners and rcvd the same number of points as WD
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2015 12:45:06 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

There's no way that bitch, with that handler, should have beat out others with the better handlers and significantly higher stats, regardless of show history or judges preference for it.
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2015 2:56:43 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

I don't see anything glaring wrong with the Kees results other. There is a rather large difference in SOP between the two BUT in the areas where the judge has a preference, they are the same. The special has slightly better size, but that's where the difference for judge preferences come in.
Under this judge, Kristen Gowin is a better choice than Bob Golub since she prefers certain handlers, AND she prefers dogs that are seen more (IMO, I think this refers to the number of times that judge has seen the dog... but I'm not sure) and this would be the third time that the BOB winner was entered under Patricia Stevens and only the first for the bitch special.
 London Calling
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2015 10:10:40 AM reply with quote send message to London Calling Object to Post

I've never really understood the whole 3rd and 4th in breed. In real life there is Best in Breed, Best of Opposite,Winners Dog & Winners Bitch one of the 2 class entries goes on to get Best of Winners.

Essentially the dog/bitch from the classes could be 3rd in breed but the real title is Best of Winners, Champions only compete for Best in Breed.

Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2015 10:13:10 AM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Agree - no such thing as 3rd and 4th in breed! Not sure how this came about or why it still exists considering Jeff tries to keep this as a realistic sim...

K
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2015 6:20:28 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

I was hoping someday we could use those rankings for Select Dog / Select Bitch - for Grand Championship points.

If a Champion is named as 2nd, 3rd, 4th in breed - other than BOS (BOB is always 1st) - then Select points would be awarded.

I think it could work - it would be realistic - and take advantage of the framework that's already in place.

admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
11/1/2015 6:28:41 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

2nd, 3rd, and 4th in breed were something put in place very early on and just never got much (I don't recall anything more than a mention) negative feedback so it just kind stuck around.

If you'd like for it to be eliminated, I can, but that's the kind of change that would need approval from the rest of users via a poll.
 Whitegold
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2015 6:38:10 PM reply with quote send message to Whitegold Object to Post

Hi All,

I'm curious about a result I got tonight. I threw a dog into a show (not fully sessioned) as a 'stacker' and low and behold he's come out with 2 points.

Other dogs in the show are fully sessioned (and had handlers) and got nothing. I've never looked at the points before but this struck me as strange.

www.showdog.com/shows/breed_results.aspx?show=Destined%20For%20Greatness%2034&breed=Flat-Coated%20Retriever

The dog I didn't expect to get anything was Whitegold Single Cell.

Jessica
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
11/1/2015 6:40:45 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

JD Going Solo had puppies just a few days ago and hasn't fully recovered.
 KPOPK
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2015 7:26:25 PM reply with quote send message to KPOPK Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Am I missing something on these results?

www.showdog.com/shows/breed_results.aspx?show=Revival+All+Breed+16&breed=South+African+Boerboel

Bad handler and the dog isn't even nearly sessioned...

Edit : nevermind I realised I didn't put handlers on my dogs. Didn't think anyone else was showing.. This result is really depressing lol

-----
Last edited by KPOPK on 11/1/2015 7:31:23 PM
 Watching Iis
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2015 10:11:25 PM reply with quote send message to Watching Iis Object to Post

Single Cell has a better front and size than your other girl and that is what the judge looks for. The other Bitch entry is a new mom and not ready to be back in the ring yet that's why your girl got the points.

Replies in this thread : 40
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.