Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : DNPs everywhere!
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
10/27/2015 9:59:14 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post   

www.showdog.com/users/showresults.aspx?id=14219871

Uh, am I missing something still? XD I was told that I should use the best ranked handlers on the game, but he's still DNPing, despite having 20 20 20. HALP!
 In The Ghetto
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2015 10:24:34 AM reply with quote send message to In The Ghetto Object to Post

He is 95.25 and was beat by a 95.85 he simply seems to just be about done in the show ring. You may still pick up points here and there, but Tollers are progressing beyond 95.25 being competitive in the ring. I personally am keeping 95.25s as broods only, but even that is being pushed out by higher SOPs.
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2015 10:25:20 AM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

No, not the best ranked handler on the game. The best rank handler from the judges list. Crystal Ramsey doesn't like Ellen, Veronica Sheidt is the best handler on her list.

Again, every judge has a handler list of who they like.

Each judge has a preference for certain handlers. These preferences may be based on past experiences, showing style, or just plain old dirty politics. This preference is completely separate from the quality of the exhibitor, which DOES come into play in the show ring. Crystal Ramsey has been known to prefer the following handlers.

Rank Exhibitor
1 Brian Coke
2 Kelly Glenn
3 Elaine Stinson
4 Hun Sargeant
5 Janis Lopez
6 Valera Ortiz
7 Terrance Stuttsman
8 Bremy Scheffer
9 Veronica Sheidt
10 Mark Jetter
11 Bart Alderette
12 Lucinda Hunter
13 Carolyn Beerer
14 Aarry Schmit
15 Kath Hazlett
16 Judy Clarkson
17 Chry Krell
18 Adrian Campbell
19 Kristen Gowin
20 Chric Hoover
21 Bob Golub
22 Dianne Carter
23 Abby Stewart
24 Nata Deming
25 Evan Kown
No Ellen.

rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2015 11:43:15 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

This post
www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=471707

has a section on selecting handlers also.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/27/2015 8:56:53 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

The SOP thing does make sense. Thanks.

i don't remember who told me to use the best ranked handler...but I suppose they were misinformed too. I had been going by the judges' list before and wasn't doing so hot (back before he got his CH), so I figured maybe I had to go with a better handler.

Thanks for your help!! I'm sure I'm totally annoying with these millions of questions :P
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2015 9:15:10 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

In this post: www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=465711

In The Ghetto said
You pick the handler with the lowest number on the judges list.

After you enter the dog, click choose handler, if you don't know if the judge is a Owner Handler or Handler judge, click on their name. If they like handlers, pick the handler on the judges list with the lowest number.
For example.

If I had a dog entered under Linda Schubert, I would pick Ellen Schroeder if she was available. If not Ellen, then Roxanne, if Roxanne was not available, then Reberol Pattison, etc. It's simple.
When Beach Dunes said
It seems to be the handlers in this case. Notice how the dog is getting points on Ellen and Bob because they are both in the top 5 handlers ranking
She was referring to the correct handlers being picked for the prior shows. In that post you were never told to "use the best ranked handler" you were told to use the best ranked handler on the judges list.
 In The Ghetto
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2015 9:24:15 PM reply with quote send message to In The Ghetto Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Little River Kennel
The SOP thing does make sense. Thanks.

i don't remember who told me to use the best ranked handler...but I suppose they were misinformed too. I had been going by the judges' list before and wasn't doing so hot (back before he got his CH), so I figured maybe I had to go with a better handler.

Thanks for your help!! I'm sure I'm totally annoying with these millions of questions :P

... You need to use the best handler on the judges list. They're not in order. Pick the best handler from the list. That's it. That's all you need to do.
The judges favorites change, so you have to look at them all while you're entering. I don't know how much clearer people can be. The information is pretty much handed to you when you're putting handlers on dogs.

For example:
Marjorie Moores top 4 handlers would be Maret Gentile, Jos Harter, Tod Brubaker and Art Toles

Scott Person top 4 handlers would be Veronica Sheidt, Bob Golub, Kristen Gowin and Yvette Glover

Ronald Brooks top 4 handers would be Ellen Schroeder, Stew Kellermen, Robert Pouk and Rogane Tuller

Myron Carlo top 4 handlers would be Maret Gentile, Jos Harter, Tod Brubaker and Art Toles

Sarah Brush top 4 handlers would be Veronica Sheidt. Bob Golub, Kristen Gowin and Elaine Stinson

Autumn Fuller top 4 handers would be Ellen Schroeder, Roxanne Leatherwood, Reberol Pattison and Joe Kensing.

The list and rankings are literally on every page when you assign handlers.

-----
Last edited by In The Ghetto on 10/27/2015 9:40:43 PM
 In The Ghetto
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2015 9:35:36 PM reply with quote send message to In The Ghetto Object to Post

Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/28/2015 9:04:07 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Thank you! I don't know why I had so much trouble understanding that the first time 'round...

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.