Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : when do pups move up into dogs owned?
 midnitemystique
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/7/2016 7:34:23 AM reply with quote send message to midnitemystique Object to Post   

At what age do pups move up to be sessioned? I'd like to keep 2 from litter and sale rest. they are 5 days old.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/7/2016 9:02:36 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Puppies can be sessioned pretty much right away as far as I know...?
 Afterburner Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/7/2016 9:18:51 AM reply with quote send message to Afterburner Kennels Object to Post

If you click on the dog on your home page, you can session them, then next time they'll show up in your sessions page. You can session them the minute they're born. They move up to adult dogs when they hit 15 days old.
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/7/2016 1:56:23 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

Slight correction -- they become adults at 14 days.
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
2/7/2016 4:14:06 PM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

Pups don't move up to be sessioned - you have to start sessioning them yourself happy :)

Pups can be sessioned from 0 days of age.

Pups reach adulthood at 14 days of age.

(Best to swap their food from pup food to adult food after they have been fed on Day 13, so they are on the right food when they hit Day 14 otherwise their condition goes down slightly.)

Easiest way to do it is to name them as soon as you know you want to session them and then add them to the Kennel Assistants list for all three (Train, Exercise, Groom). That way the Assistants do it for you.

Once they start to hit 20 in Exercise and Groom you can remove those 2 from the Assistants list. (Train/Obedience) almost always takes the longest in most breeds.

Muscle/Exercise and Groom/Coat as well as Condition will also go up a lot faster if the pups are on a decent quality food. I used a 1666 formula (low on medicine, 2nd highest level of fat, vitamin E and protein).

I put my pups on a 'Puppy 1666' til they are fed at Day 13, then swap them to an 'Adult 1666' from Day 14 onwards.

It depends on which breed you have and how quickly their sessionable traits go up, but as soon as my adult dogs reach 20 in muscle and coat condition I stop sessioning those traits. Once all three are at 20 (condition, muscle and coat condition) I change their food over to Pet House for Adults, and then those stats will stay at 20 for as long as they are on Pet House Adult food.

Their Train/Obedience needs to be sessioned until it reaches 20 and then I usually session it for a few more days past hitting 20 (as often it will appear as 20 but only really be 19.4 or 19.6 etc).
 midnitemystique
Basic User

Basic User
2/8/2016 7:39:35 AM reply with quote send message to midnitemystique Object to Post

thank you for info... do I need to session pups that are for sale? what happens if they do Not sale?
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
2/8/2016 3:56:33 PM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

No you don't need to session dogs that are for sale - you only need to sessions the pups that you wish to show.

If they don't sell most people Forever Home them - which means to delete them so that they are removed from the game.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.