Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 16

Author Topic : SPECIAL EVENT WHO WANTS TO JOIN NO HANDLER NOVEMBER
 Kleenex Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/31/2017 1:44:11 PM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Kennels Object to Post   

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Kleenex Kennels on 11/1/2017 3:42:01 PM
 Aldeberan
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/31/2017 9:45:09 PM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post

Sounds interesting. Would that be for all shows? I'm not sure I would want to commit to that.
 Kleenex Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/31/2017 9:55:00 PM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Kleenex Kennels on 11/1/2017 3:41:55 PM
 Kleenex Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/31/2017 9:58:38 PM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Kennels Object to Post

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Kleenex Kennels on 11/1/2017 3:41:48 PM
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
10/31/2017 10:32:26 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

Did you mention the fact that you pack shows with all of your kennel's dogs to build up the breed pts to put your dog's into the higher breed rankings?

Will
 Kleenex Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/31/2017 10:39:30 PM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Kennels Object to Post

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Kleenex Kennels on 11/1/2017 3:41:41 PM
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2017 12:51:19 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

posted by Kleenex Kennels
Contrary to what everyone thinks I don’t do that many dogs in a show to pad stats or numbers. Those breed points are available to everyone, I just seem to win my fair share, guess my digs aren’t crap
www.showdog.com/shows/breed_results.aspx?show=November Beauties&breed=Kuvasz

You don't pad shows? Really?

-----
Last edited by Comet Poodles on 11/1/2017 12:51:43 PM
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2017 12:54:40 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Also -- are you Minneapolis Kennels as well?
 Minneapolis Kennels 2
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 1:11:27 PM reply with quote send message to Minneapolis Kennels 2 Object to Post

I (Lizzie) am MPLS and am not associated with any of this.
 Powder River Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 1:50:18 PM reply with quote send message to Powder River Kennel Object to Post

padding shows are those who care about the number of dogs beaten and in doing so take all the breed points. entering that many dogs is not cheap.

The top dogs will still be top dogs they just will have beat less dogs to get there.

THE BEST DOG WILL WIN, YOU GUYS REALIZE THAT RIGHT?

If you want Kleenex to stop showing just ask them to leave the game.Because that is what it will take as this game is about showing dogs. I really dont see the issue with the entries, the best dog wins and seems like maybe even more now without handlers

That is 15 more kennels then I want to run, I work well with Kleenex since we came back but I don't have near the amount of dogs here.
 Rainbow Castle
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 2:34:16 PM reply with quote send message to Rainbow Castle Object to Post

Here is what I don’t understand. If running 15 Kennels and entering shows is a hassle and chore for you, why don’t you just cut back on the dogs you decide to show? I really think it could make the game more enjoyable for you. If you channel your focus into working with only a couple of top stat, choice looking show dogs (which is what almost everyone else does), it doesn’t take tons of time to thoughtfully enter shows and choose handlers. It makes for a much more enjoyable experience.

Artesia
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 2:38:50 PM reply with quote send message to Artesia Object to Post

Lots of people run many kennels at a time and don't feel the need to enter dogs like this. I have 3 family accounts and manage to not stack every show I enter ...
 Kleenex Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 2:46:17 PM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Kennels Object to Post

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Kleenex Kennels on 11/1/2017 3:42:11 PM
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2017 2:52:03 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

but if you want 6 dogs for a 3 pt major I can just leave the game. to me that isnt a dog show. you can finish anything
I guess I've been playing wrong since 2006 if this is how you really feel... more dogs does not equal better quality competition.
 Artesia
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 2:56:30 PM reply with quote send message to Artesia Object to Post

but if you want 6 dogs for a 3 pt major I can just leave the game. to me that isnt a dog show. you can finish anything
I've been playing since 2003 and don't agree with this either... more dogs doesn't equal more quality competition or more merit for the winners....
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 3:23:07 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

posted by Powder River Kennel
padding shows are those who care about the number of dogs beaten and in doing so take all the breed points. entering that many dogs is not cheap.

The top dogs will still be top dogs they just will have beat less dogs to get there.

THE BEST DOG WILL WIN, YOU GUYS REALIZE THAT RIGHT?

If you want Kleenex to stop showing just ask them to leave the game.Because that is what it will take as this game is about showing dogs. I really dont see the issue with the entries, the best dog wins and seems like maybe even more now without handlers

That is 15 more kennels then I want to run, I work well with Kleenex since we came back but I don't have near the amount of dogs here.

Just so I know who I am reading a reply from... Can I ask how you fit into the Kleenex picture? You work with her? Your dogs have her kennel ane inside this kennel...

Will
 Kleenex Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 3:37:34 PM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Kennels Object to Post

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Kleenex Kennels on 11/1/2017 3:41:23 PM

Replies in this thread : 16

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.