Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 20

Author Topic : NEED BREEDS for 15 new Kennels,help please?
 A Circle Circuit
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/4/2017 11:18:17 AM reply with quote send message to A Circle Circuit Object to Post   

Okay,I started this month attempting a really fresh start.Part of that will be devoting more time here.I usually pay every 1st each month but now I'd planned on increasing my 10 kennels that I've outgrown with an addition but I went from 10 (+Basic) to 30 Kennels!!!
I already know what I'm doing with 5,some color projects.But please would everyone help me choose what to start with.I have played since 2005ish.I prefer breeding over showing if it's a competitive breed.I also would like small or Toy breeds(including sporting & terriers ) as long as there's more active,friendly players than myself and 1 other player.I am or have been in probably close to 70 breeds throughout the years but helpful active and friendly players in the breed is a must! A couple of breeds that get group and show placements are an incentive.I will need assistance with broads,and show prospects but very willing to agree to terms beneficial to us both!
Off the top of my head here's a list of breeds within 5 years:Either post here or message me privately but please help!
Afghans
Borzoi
Papillions
Pomeranians
Siberian Huskies (current sop & color breeding )
Shih Tzu
Dalmatians
Yorkshire Terriers (new)
Bichons(new)
Westies (few)
Great Danes
Maltese
Chihuahuas
Tibetan Terriers
Tibetan Spaniels
German Shepherds
Standard Poodles
 Gallant
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2017 12:26:34 PM reply with quote send message to Gallant Object to Post

Would love a new akita person!
 Arky Barky Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2017 2:44:48 PM reply with quote send message to Arky Barky Kennels Object to Post

I would recommend checking out Pulis! (Actually, I think the plural is Pulik or something like that haha)

Small number of dogs, only about 2 players, tons of room for improvement in the breed. It’s mainly all breeding right now because they aren’t really competitive enough with other breeds yet.
 Mustardville
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2017 4:51:40 PM reply with quote send message to Mustardville Object to Post

I have tibetan Terriers and tibbie spaniels in 3 kennels if you are looking for some.....under Deliverance, Collegedale, and Mensa. Love more people. Shannon
 Millton
Basic User

Basic User
11/5/2017 2:21:38 PM reply with quote send message to Millton Object to Post

Manchester Terriers need you! Only 3 or 4 active kennels, Good puppies on the sale board now....
(90.50-91.20)
Top SoP is about 91.50. Blacks have just been revived with some good SoP and also a kennel or two breeding Blues.
Pups session up quickly. Come and join us.
 Bailey Barns
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/5/2017 4:02:36 PM reply with quote send message to Bailey Barns Object to Post

English Springers?
 Underground Inc
Basic User

Basic User
11/5/2017 9:53:39 PM reply with quote send message to Underground Inc Object to Post

Please consider Glen of Imaal Terriers. We need more kennels and lines.
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
11/6/2017 6:24:14 AM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Lots of high quality standard poodles available. Just pm me when you're ready.

Kathy
 Temora
Basic User

Basic User
11/6/2017 6:52:48 AM reply with quote send message to Temora Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Brussels Griffon could do with another player, I've got quite a few listed for sale. Though after rereading your post, they don't fit with any more than one active player

-----
Last edited by Temora on 11/6/2017 6:53:53 AM
 Legend Has It
Basic User

Basic User
11/6/2017 11:39:47 AM reply with quote send message to Legend Has It Object to Post

I think Salukis is a fun breed. I only have one dog in the breed in a different kennel, but there are 7-8 dogs that consistently show and I think they are from 4 different players or so. I believe there are also color projects going on within the breed to regain some of the lost colors.
 CashmereKnl
Basic User

Basic User
11/6/2017 1:33:31 PM reply with quote send message to CashmereKnl Object to Post

Australian Cattle Dogs
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/6/2017 10:17:51 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Take a look! I have:

America Cocker
English Cocker

Airedale
Wire Fox
Smooth fox

Pharaoh Hound
Saluki
Greyhound
Basenji
 Jumping Jacks of Glory
Basic User

Basic User
11/7/2017 6:10:41 AM reply with quote send message to Jumping Jacks of Glory Object to Post

Jack Russell's can always use breeders. Also, tons of different coat and colour combinations that have been bred out and could of be fun to reintroduce if you want to breed rather than show
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
11/7/2017 2:32:57 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

Agree re the Jack Russell they are a fun breed to be in
 In The Ghetto
Basic User

Basic User
11/8/2017 12:51:01 AM reply with quote send message to In The Ghetto Object to Post

Anatolian Shepherds are fun. I have had litters from 4-9. Most kennels are helpful (only one does not post studs for public). I do more breeding than anything, but I believe we take group placements? We have Picardy pictures and many color breeding options available.

Caucasian Mountain Dogs are my favorite breed. Large litters, we take BIS under a few judges, group and group placements under others. All kennels are friendly. One note, this breed is a kennel hog, so not good to have multiple breeds in with these giants. happy :) We have Picardy pictures and lots of color breeding options available!

I have just picked up a Chihuahua from afterfire. I've been in the breed before and afterfire was amazingly helpful! No Picardy pictures yet.

Shoot me a pm and I'd love to help you get started in the breed! Welcome to the dark side! laugh :D
 A Circle Circuit
Basic User

Basic User
11/8/2017 9:40:04 AM reply with quote send message to A Circle Circuit Object to Post

Okay,I am open to try about every breed mentioned,except the tibbies,I already have both Terriers & Spaniels but will be separating them now that I have more kennels than I've been able to get through just to add each one for flipping than set the sessions at 12,and also set each kennels password separately.I am only 1/2 way through and probably way over my head.I had thought there'd be 15 kennels after expanding some breeds into their own kennel that had been stored into a kennel with 3-4 breeds.But now I am fairly certain with 30 total I'll just have too many and really need more small or Toy or even mid-size but with fluffy coats?I know most Toys aren't overly populated but maybe my opening up these kennels will help.
Please keep suggestions coming,and everyone who's given me breeds would you pm me something to start out with?Thank you all!
 Faelin
Basic User

Basic User
11/8/2017 10:50:48 PM reply with quote send message to Faelin Object to Post

Harrier,
German Spitz,
Alaskan Klee Kai
 True Justice
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/9/2017 4:48:57 AM reply with quote send message to True Justice Object to Post

I have ten families and like you I am more interested in breeding. Right now three breeds are dead-ended with little chance for improvement: SP, GSD and Aussies. I can help you with Maltese, Paps, Irish Terriers and Scotties. Let me know
 Intrinsicc
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/9/2017 7:26:01 PM reply with quote send message to Intrinsicc Object to Post

If you want to play with ITalian Greyhounds I can get you started with a couple champion broods and a finish able show prospect or two.
 Thundering Hills Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/17/2017 1:39:37 PM reply with quote send message to Thundering Hills Kennel Object to Post

Please please please consider Belgian Malinois. In my Crimson Shadows Kennel account I just started with Belgian Malinois. There are so few dogs I ended up buying two starter dogs and I currently only have the only stud. If you are willing to wait a few days I can give you one or more of the pups I am breeding.
 Foxfire Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/17/2017 6:00:06 PM reply with quote send message to Foxfire Kennel Object to Post

Chesapeake Bay Retriever's. It looks like I am the only active/breeder. Since there are no CBR for sale I am starting fresh with and have a litter due on Wednesday. If anyone has interest in helping out the breed please PM me.

Replies in this thread : 20

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.