Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Custom Food
 Gracefield
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/22/2018 9:11:26 AM reply with quote send message to Gracefield Object to Post   

Its been years since I was active. Just upgraded, talk to me about customizing rations please.
 Rossett Spaniels
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/22/2018 9:41:09 AM reply with quote send message to Rossett Spaniels Object to Post

Maintenance for all dogs, over 14 days, Pet House for Adults. The Show Dog food is just a waste of money.

I feed new/sessioning puppies a 1777 blend. I think that is low vaccinations and high everying else.
For sessioning show dogs over 14 days, Adult 1777.
Then, when they get to 19,20,20,20 they go on PH for Adults.

Others might pipe with their magic concoctions. happy :)

Carol
 GaylanStudio6
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/22/2018 12:58:02 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio6 Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Nope no pipe-ins - I agree with everything Carol said.

I would add though that the listed price is "per bag". I think many folks think that 55.92 is the cost per feeding for 1777. It costs $1.97 to feed a cocker or similar size breed per day on 1777. Adult Pethouse is $1.00/day. Puppy 1171 is $0.96 per day. I think SuperDuper is $1.35/feeding but I didn't include any note about breed there.

Larger breeds are more expensive, smaller ones probably less. I've priced cockers and setters but no others.

It really grieves me to see all those older boys on OldBoy - yes they are fake dogs but it's the principle. OB is junk food! I put everyone on 1777 for life! I used to change to PetHouse for Adults but usually don't bother to do so now.

It should be noted too that once coat and muscle get closer to 20, good food alone will keep the numbers climbing until they reach 20, although more slowly, so you can save on sessions (which are more expensive than the best food - approximately $5 per session).

-----
Last edited by GaylanStudio6 on 6/22/2018 1:01:12 PM

-----
Last edited by GaylanStudio6 on 6/25/2018 3:55:26 PM
 Lap of Luxury
Basic User

Basic User
6/25/2018 12:04:51 AM reply with quote send message to Lap of Luxury Object to Post

Great information, a few things I didn't know happy :)

Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/25/2018 11:33:45 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

posted by GaylanStudio6

It should be noted too that once coat and muscle get closer to 20, good food alone will keep the numbers climbing, although more slowly, so you can save on sessions (which are more expensive than the best food - approximately $5 per session).

-----
Last edited by GaylanStudio6 on 6/22/2018 1:01:12 PM

Gayle, do you mean to say that once they get to 20 all across, the numbers keep climbing in the background, if they are on good food?
 Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
6/25/2018 11:41:12 AM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

I feed my dogs 1777 for life because I don’t see that much of a spike in prices, and it makes it easier changing food (if I have all dogs on the same ration I can just use the bulk feed option as opposed to changing rations individually).

I think what Gylan was saying is that on good food, stats will increase gradually until 20. After 20 I don’t believe there is further increase aside from some hidden decimals, but those can sometimes make a difference too.
 GaylanStudio7
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/25/2018 3:51:33 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio7 Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

No, sorry - didn't explain that well.

Once they reach 20 they stay there but if you stop sessioning at 17 or so they will continue to rise to 20 on good food (1777) alone.

Thanks Brit, that's what I meant.

On 1777 it seems that coat will eventually reach 20 without any sessioning, although it takes a while. (I noticed that with greyhounds in a colour project - it just struck me to wonder if that is true in a coated breed - American Cocker for example. Hmm, have to check that out.)

Whether the numbers keep climbing "in the background" I couldn't say for sure but I've never seen any reach 21, so I'd say probably not.

Unsessioned Geyhound currently 284 days on 1777:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15908028

-----
Last edited by GaylanStudio7 on 6/25/2018 4:00:00 PM
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/25/2018 4:02:49 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

By ‘background’ I meant on Jeff’s side.
As it is now, on his side he sees very different numbers than what we see as in terms of TNB, Coat, Temperament etc.
 Lap of Luxury
Basic User

Basic User
7/2/2018 4:08:11 AM reply with quote send message to Lap of Luxury Object to Post

Sometimes I put fully sessioned dogs, that are fed a default ration, on 1777 and session when entered in a show I really want to win.
I thought it might give an advantage because of possible hidden decimals.
Do you think there is any point in doing this or am I just wasting money?

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.