Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : How are top kennels figured? The #1 kennel is empty!
 bsgkid
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/10/2020 4:36:28 PM reply with quote send message to bsgkid Object to Post   

The top kennel in the game has no dogs in it, nor does it list when they last signed in! I finally made top 10, and was checking out various kennels to see what else I might need to do to advance. Some of the higher kennels have only bred less than 100 dogs, and this kennel has over 1000. Do I have to be in a popular breed with lots of BIS? Bulldogs aren't so popular, so I'm wondering what to focus on to up my kennel ranking. Any ideas? I do show daily, and try to finish all my dogs.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/10/2020 5:02:59 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Yeah, the top kennel list is correct except the #1 kennel. Its been a glitch for a couple years.

So I always just think of the #2 slot starting the rankings.

Showing is the biggest influence on the rankings. Rankings are based on the last 30 days.

I wouldn't focus on adding a bunch of new breeds to your kennel for breeding. Just pick up one or two from a good breeder and try to pick up group and show placings while working on your breed.

Here are a few breeds I think you could try and see if they help your rankings:
Newfies
Borzoi
Afghans
Paps
AmStaffs
Staffys
Belgian Tervs
Rotties
Sealys
Standard Poodles
Ridgebacks

Hope this helps.
 bsgkiddie
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/10/2020 5:21:33 PM reply with quote send message to bsgkiddie Object to Post

Thanks BarStar!

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.