Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Certain handlers not showing up?
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/27/2021 7:48:24 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post   

Hi all, I’m showing in a breed that had 0 entries in each show I chose, but when I went to select handlers, most of the judge’s list is not available. I thought they were only unavailable if they were showing another dog in the same breed and sex? Is that not the case? My breed had no entries other than myself and I was the first entry.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/27/2021 11:08:18 AM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

I have another comment about judges. I was looking at results in one of my kennels. Judge was OH preference and one dog had Dream3 listed rather than owner. When I clicked on Dream3 it took me to the list of judges. ???

I fear this site is falling apart.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/28/2021 12:12:42 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

In the case of the missing handlers, if your dog is not adequately prepared for showing the better handlers will not accept them - they won't be in the list. Could that have been the problem?

As for the Dream3 handler, if a dog was entered in the show as an owner-handler, then sold, the handler does show as the owner at the time of entry. (Only the person who made the entry can change it.) Why it would take you to the judges is odd but the dog will show ok.

Hope that explains some of this. Good luck all!
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/11/2021 10:40:30 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Thanks for the above comment. I wasn't aware that your dog's quality affected that. When you say quality do you mean dogs with low SOP? Or dogs who aren't sessioned enough? I'm working on some dying breeds so I had to start from pretty poor SOPs.
 DetroitKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/11/2021 11:24:54 AM reply with quote send message to DetroitKennel Object to Post

SOP doesn’t affect it but sessioning does. High ranking handlers will not take dogs that are below certain session levels so they will not show up.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/11/2021 11:59:36 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

SOP doesn’t affect it but sessioning does. High ranking handlers will not take dogs that are below certain session levels so they will not show up.
Your dogs have to be fully sessioned to get the best handlers for the dog. Whether the dog has a lower SOP or not, doesn’t matter. All 20’s does.

Carol

S

-----
Last edited by Clwyd Cockers on 10/11/2021 12:00:08 PM
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/11/2021 12:01:05 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Your dogs have to be fully sessioned to get the best handlers for the dog. Whether the dog has a lower SOP or not, doesn’t matter. All 20’s does.

Carol
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/12/2021 8:17:45 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Oh okay thanks. I was about to be super worried haha!

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.