Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : A possible experiment with some handlers.
 Carolyn
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
2/27/2023 12:41:12 PM reply with quote send message to Carolyn Object to Post   

Who has been around long enough to remember when June Dixon, Edna Dixon and a few other handlers were top handlers in the game?

I am considering showing some top, or near the top, dogs in some breeds in my kennels with select handlers to try to boost their standing in the game. The handler’s standing, I mean.

It would be nice to see some former great handlers back at the top again.
Do you think it would work?

C
 CzarinaTerriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/27/2023 4:19:28 PM reply with quote send message to CzarinaTerriers Object to Post

Technically, more people using a handler, especially on top dogs should increase their handler standing with how it’s calculated I believe. Not sure by how much I guess it would depend on how many dogs, if they start getting higher and more people start using them etc.
 bsgkid
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/1/2023 12:59:19 PM reply with quote send message to bsgkid Object to Post

Hi Carolyn,
I'm a long-timer and can help. There's not many showing Bullies, so I can boost the Dixons if you wish.
Mary
 Carolyn
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/1/2023 2:32:21 PM reply with quote send message to Carolyn Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I have entered some dogs, from two of my kennels, for shows next week, I think.
They are under June and Edna Dixon and, because she’s dead last in the handler standings, Carolyn Beerer.

The dogs I have entered are/were top dogs in their breeds but would’t usually be shown, by me, this month because they will age out before the end of the month.
C

-----
Last edited by Carolyn on 3/1/2023 2:33:17 PM

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.