Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Getting points in obedience
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
3/14/2023 10:01:13 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post   

Once your dog receives the highest obedience title is there any reason to keep showing them in obedience? As far as I can tell you don't even get to show the number of points the dog has in obedience, so I was wondering if I should just not bother to keep on showing a dog in obedience.
 Carolyn
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/14/2023 11:37:27 AM reply with quote send message to Carolyn Object to Post

Once a dog gets it’s UD, I no longer show it in Obedience. I just session up and show another.

I put a UD, or try to, on every dog in my Basic kennel.

Cheers,
C
 chocolateteapot
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/6/2023 9:35:02 AM reply with quote send message to chocolateteapot Object to Post

Is UD the highest in real life too? (OURS are different, CD,UD WD,TD then finally P D patrol dog.
 Degree
Basic User

Basic User
4/6/2023 10:01:38 AM reply with quote send message to Degree Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by chocolateteapot
Is UD the highest in real life too? (OURS are different, CD,UD WD,TD then finally P D patrol dog.
No, in AKC, there are more titles:

https://www.akc.org/sports/obedience/getting-started/obedience-titles/

CD, CDX, UD, UDX, OM, OGM, and OTCH.

Namely OTCH which I would love to see added, but probably won't be. We earn points here, but they don't count toward anything.

-----
Last edited by Degree on 4/6/2023 10:03:45 AM
 chocolateteapot
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/7/2023 1:26:45 PM reply with quote send message to chocolateteapot Object to Post

Hmmm, it's confusing, we separate obedience, (which is mostly marching around the ring type stuff) from Working Trials, which involve tracking, jumping and manwork etc. So for example, for our UD you would have to track and do a 6 foot scale, high jump and long jump, right up to PD where you would do manwork because it's Patrol Dog.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.