Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Naming & Buying Dogs
 BarStar
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
12/29/2019 10:42:28 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post   

When you want to buy a dog on showdog...

which do you prefer....
Naming & Buying Dogs
Doesn't matter to me 50.00%
I like the breeder to name it 35.42%
I like to name the dog myself 14.58%
34 Total Votes | Votes from premium users carry more weight.
 LoupGarou
Basic User
Forum Moderator

Basic User Forum Moderator
12/29/2019 12:25:46 PM reply with quote send message to LoupGarou Object to Post

I like to name the dog myself, but I do like adding the breeder's kennel name and prefer that if people buy dogs from me that they add "LoupGarou" or "LG" to the dog's name.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/29/2019 1:15:54 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

I agree with LG but otherwise I don't care either way.
I sell mine with no name. Doesn't bother me if they don't use Clwyd in the name either.
Carol
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/29/2019 1:18:58 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

In my long term breeds I like to name it because I like to track my bloodlines. I usually reply to the buyer asking if they have a name preference and I will comply and add my kennel name. I find most people don't care. In my new breeds, I put them on the quick sale because I don't track bloodlines. I know it annoys some people but I always try to post that if you want a name, let me know at the time of the offer.
 Dark Mirage
Basic User

Basic User
12/29/2019 8:28:34 PM reply with quote send message to Dark Mirage Object to Post

I prefer naming myself, but will buy a named dog if I like it and/or he/she fits what I'm looking for (color, trait, etc.) A name is a name, nothing more.
 Star Shiine
Basic User

Basic User
12/30/2019 1:31:31 PM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post

I dont mind as now I'd only buy a really good dog from an established breeder so it will probably be given a good name anyway. Or I'm happy to name myself and include the breeders affix if they want.

Replies in this thread : 5

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.