Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Old Dogs
 `Paradise Valley
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
6/29/2024 12:48:22 PM reply with quote send message to `Paradise Valley Object to Post   

I have my some of my Old Dogs on my Retirement Couch, not Altered, and up for stud. I see one of them died, while he was at stud, and he is NOT a zombie stud.

How are we supposed to resurrect old lines down the road if no studs are able to be used as zombies?

Is this just a glitch, or something more?
 Zoetic
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/29/2024 4:03:29 PM reply with quote send message to Zoetic Object to Post

Unfortunately the kicker is that he has to be up for sale when he passes on so that you can buy him, breed him for a couple days, put him back up for sale and repeat the process.

If he isn't for sale, he will die permanently.

Sorry for your loss sad :(

Any old males close to their expiry, put up for sale for like $300 with a note DO NOT BUY in the call name so that you can use him later.

I think zombie studs who are technically alive are usually studs in abandoned kennels. I've personally not experienced being active in a kennel with a male that lived well past his due date.

`Paradise Valley
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/30/2024 9:16:35 AM reply with quote send message to `Paradise Valley Object to Post

Thanks for the information. It was a bit confusing, cause of some of the hidden studs that are 1000+ days old.
 `Paradise Valley
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/1/2024 11:14:52 AM reply with quote send message to `Paradise Valley Object to Post

Well that isn't working. People are buying up all my old dogs.....GRRRRRRR!!!!
 Badlands Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/1/2024 6:36:39 PM reply with quote send message to Badlands Kennels Object to Post

posted by `Paradise Valley
Well that isn't working. People are buying up all my old dogs.....GRRRRRRR!!!!
They typically die around day 365 unless they have high COI, I would wait until day 364 to put them up and hope for the best. They have to be on auto sale. They also will only be available until 7am game time so if you buy them at 6am you have 1 hour. If you buy them at 9am you have 21 hours.
 Briarstone
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/3/2024 7:40:40 AM reply with quote send message to Briarstone Object to Post

I was always told to not auto sale them. That they needed to be placed up through regular sale.
 Zoetic
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/3/2024 9:56:23 AM reply with quote send message to Zoetic Object to Post

No because then your request to buy them after they died won't go to anyone. It has to be auto sale.

Make a DO NOT BUY PLEASE!!! pic in Paint and made that the dog's picture, plus put DO NOT BUY in the call name, and put it up for sale really close to the expiry date.

Zoetic
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/3/2024 9:58:44 AM reply with quote send message to Zoetic Object to Post

For your Ridgies, I would zombify them much closer to September! I also am in the breed now and plan to stay in it too and they all go back to yours, in case you lose a couple!
 Zoetic
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/3/2024 9:59:31 AM reply with quote send message to Zoetic Object to Post

September + August (their birth dates)
Sorry can't edit my post
 Badlands Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/3/2024 9:01:25 PM reply with quote send message to Badlands Kennels Object to Post

You can also sell them the basics who likely won't stick around and then reclaim them closer to their probable expiration date so you don't have to have them take up useful space forever.

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.