Search

.com Forum · American Forum

Replies in this thread : 18

Author Topic : What do you think is the most american dog?
 Canis Lupis Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/26/2013 7:09:45 PM reply with quote send message to Canis Lupis Kennels Object to Post   

If you had to choose the dog face of America (doesn't have to have originated in the U.S.) what breed would you choose?

Hoping to get a little bit of discussion going, just for fun.

I, personally, would say either the Labrador or a good ol' mutt (kind of a melting pot dog). What do you guys think?
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/26/2013 7:33:04 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Mutt or Golden...though Lab is another good choicewink ;)

Alexandria
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

Basic User
12/26/2013 8:13:34 PM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post

Labrador.
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/26/2013 9:05:11 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

I'm saying American Pit Bull Terrier. It was once the USA mascot anyway. Not to mention, an American breed and my heart breed. happy :)

Four (owned by APBTs)
 Purrs_Port
Basic User

Basic User
12/26/2013 10:31:58 PM reply with quote send message to Purrs_Port Object to Post

posted by Fourlorn
I'm saying American Pit Bull Terrier. It was once the USA mascot anyway. Not to mention, an American breed and my heart breed. happy :)

Four (owned by APBTs)

Thumbs up.
 Airsoft
Basic User

Basic User
12/26/2013 11:38:11 PM reply with quote send message to Airsoft Object to Post

I thought APBT or mutt happy :)
 linlin23
Basic User

Basic User
12/26/2013 11:49:08 PM reply with quote send message to linlin23 Object to Post

I would say the little chi/terrier looking mutt that's everywhere...something like one of these little guys: www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwjfjvMgCms#t=11
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/27/2013 10:37:44 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Or even kinda, the American Cocker Spaniel.

Alexandria
 johnmclaren
Basic User

Basic User
2/3/2014 12:10:55 AM reply with quote send message to johnmclaren Object to Post

Basenji features a combination of energy and silence. If you need a fun jogging companion, basenji is a good breed for you.

www.compoundiapharmacy.com/blog/owning-a-docile-pooch-6-quietest-breeds/
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
2/3/2014 8:51:06 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

I would say a Golden or Chihuahua. As far as pure bred (;
 voortrekker
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2014 1:29:52 AM reply with quote send message to voortrekker Object to Post

my choices would be the american bulldog, american indian dog,catahoula leo ard dog breeds and bostan terriers. all are very nice canines
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/15/2014 1:56:23 PM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

pit bulls
 voortrekker
Basic User

Basic User
9/16/2014 8:28:13 PM reply with quote send message to voortrekker Object to Post

another choice would be the amstaff!
 labgirl88
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2015 12:56:54 PM reply with quote send message to labgirl88 Object to Post

Pitties for sure, and Labradors (:
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2015 2:19:34 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I think Pitties or Labs, or more likely, a Lab Pit cross. laugh :D
 Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/10/2015 4:34:38 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

I know its not a popular opinion, but I think labs and pitts are overrated. Goldens too. I think Bostons would make a nice "face of America" dog. They're actually american, and if you tick them off you're in for a world of hurt. But they have a heart of gold and know how to have fun. Sounds American to me.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/25/2015 11:11:28 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

German Shepherd (ironic, because of the name). GSDs are so strong and stoic-looking, and they (as well as Belgian Malinois) are the army's top choice.
 Xi-Chi
Basic User

Basic User
9/25/2015 2:04:05 PM reply with quote send message to Xi-Chi Object to Post

I think in terms of pure bred dogs, I recently read somewhere that Goldens are the most popular breed in America. However, German Shepherds and Labs are a very close second and third. Personally, I love Chow Chows happy :)
 kiroja
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/26/2015 1:48:59 AM reply with quote send message to kiroja Object to Post

LOL @ Basenji! That would be my last choice, and it's my breed. They are a primitive breed from Africa and are too difficult for most people. I would probably say Golden.

Kelli
Kiroja Basenjis
(and the lone Schnauzer)

Replies in this thread : 18

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.