Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Obedience Help
 Aldeberan
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/2/2016 2:13:56 PM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post   

I posted a couple of times in the Obedience forum but haven't gotten any response. Can someone help?

"Dogs are entered in A classes if the owner has not previously earned the respective title on a dog. Otherwise dogs are entered in B classes. You can see which class (A vs B) your dogs would be entered in for each level on your kennel page."

And this would show - where?

In this kennel, I have a puppy entered in Novice A (she has not done well so far).

But in another kennel, I have an adult male of another breed who was entered in Novice B and got his CD in 3 straight shows.

I just keep getting more and more confused.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2016 2:44:48 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

Novice A vs B is dependent upon whether the handler has ever finished a dog with that title before. So it really has to do with the handler, not the dog.
(Also, the A or B is determined by the system, not you so there isn't an option for you to choose A or B.)

I also remember in the not too distant past that there was a problem where none of the dogs were qualifying.
I did look at the obedience results yesterday and again today and NONE of the Novice A dogs have gotten a qualifying score. So perhaps its a system issue.

I can't see how much sessioning she has, but the score shows 1.5 Heel on Leash, Heel Free and Recall with a NQ for Stand For Exam.

Maybe that helps. (Maybe that just confused the issue more.)
 Lisboa
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2016 6:43:20 PM reply with quote send message to Lisboa Object to Post

Hi

I recently took a dog to UD.

I was quite astonished when I received notification of her UD title, as she had not appeared to pass at all at that level.

Obedience may need some work in the system.

Lisboa
 Aldeberan
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/2/2016 6:45:55 PM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post

She's all 20s for the CD. But I guess it's not unusual for them to get a NQ the first few shows. She's pretty young.

I just thought it was bizarre that in the two kennels, one was Novice A and the other was Novice B. I wonder if maybe I got a CD in that kennel years ago (right, if I ever got an obedience title in that kennel, it would be B for subsequent dogs?).

As long as it's not something I have to understand to enter, that's good. Thanks!
 Aldeberan
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/2/2016 6:46:39 PM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post

And yes, Obedience definitely needs work. I had a bunch of obedience dogs years ago and gave up because it was pretty frustrating.
 London Calling
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/3/2016 4:14:20 AM reply with quote send message to London Calling Object to Post

posted by Aldeberan
She's all 20s for the CD. But I guess it's not unusual for them to get a NQ the first few shows. She's pretty young.

I just thought it was bizarre that in the two kennels, one was Novice A and the other was Novice B. I wonder if maybe I got a CD in that kennel years ago (right, if I ever got an obedience title in that kennel, it would be B for subsequent dogs?).

As long as it's not something I have to understand to enter, that's good. Thanks!

Is the girl in question Wild Rose? if so You have to also session Obedience itself not just the specific requirements. you don't do exercise or groom that's just for conformation BUT you do need to Train.
 DoggyPanache
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/3/2016 1:29:41 PM reply with quote send message to DoggyPanache Object to Post

SMH!!! Thank you! I need to pull her from the trial.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.