.com Forum · Dachshund

Replies in this thread : 151
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
<< prev page next page >>

Vivente
Basic User

Basic User
3/25/2014 4:56:17 PM reply with quote send message to Vivente Object to Post

My new highest is a LH with 90.60, so there is progress now on my part happy :) I have a couple of high 89s up for sale, for those that want some new stock. They are up for $100, but I'll obviously take less since money isn't really a concern...this would just be to help out other bloodlines!

Em
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/26/2014 3:10:03 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Awesome, congrats! I'm pretty sure that's the highest LH of all wink ;)

I'll have a little look-see later...I'm trying to put my kennels in some kinda order and its slow going, since I'm not used to this computer.

Alexandria
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/4/2014 1:26:03 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

I'm getting more 92s in this kennel! 3 males, to be in fact, and I don't need all three lol...is anyone interested in this boy? www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13057488 He is on approval only to someone who will show him, otherwise I'll keep him!
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/7/2014 10:46:38 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Let me know when you get a 92 you wouldn't mind parting with wink ;) I took an unexpected hiatus, which was a bit disatrous for my kennels (how about $120.34 food bills in one kennel?!), so I missed that pup, lol. I did get two more 90 LH, both girls, 90.15 and 90.30 and finshed the girl you sold me.

Alexandria
 Vivente
Basic User

Basic User
4/22/2014 9:41:36 PM reply with quote send message to Vivente Object to Post

I just saw your post lol. I haven't had any more 92s, but I'll let you know!

In this kennel, I have some misfit color pups with some nice traits up for sale, if anyone is interested happy :) A red sable, cream sable, and a 90.30 WH that should definitely carry for LH since half her litter were longs.

Em
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/22/2014 11:20:37 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Haha, okay, thanks!

Alexandria
 Vivente
Basic User

Basic User
5/15/2014 6:22:57 PM reply with quote send message to Vivente Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

HOLY &#($!!! What is the highest LH/SH SOP? I may be freaking out for nothing, but this is my highest by a long shot (and she would be way higher with 20 SS! I think she's a freak lol): www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13162383&pic=yes&e=e

What does everyone say? Either way, I'm very happy with her happy :) If it weren't for her SOP, I would try showing her!

Em

*ETA. Maybe this was a freak litter lol...she has a 90.90 brother and a 90.70 brother, also (for sale). This was a good breeding!

-----
Last edited by Vivente on 5/15/2014 6:26:30 PM
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2014 6:44:30 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Hell yes she's (or is it a he? lol) the new highest SOP!!! I would have two 91s if SS had been 20, so this is awesome! I seem to be stuck in a 90 rut…my highest is still 90.90

Congrats!
Alexandria
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2014 6:44:32 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Double post >.<

-----
Last edited by Laffy-Taffy Kennels on 5/19/2014 6:45:27 PM
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/2/2014 12:38:58 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

After complaing for over a month that I was stuck in a 90 rut...I got out...THREE 91s, in one night (plus a bunch of other really nice to amazing dogs in other breeds...would've had a friggin' 92 (!!!!!!!!!!), if it hadn't been for SS...

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13200887
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13200908
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13200924

The 92 would've been freaking amazing, but hey, 91 is pretty awesome! And, hopefully she'll produce a 92...

Alexandria
 Vivente
Basic User

Basic User
6/2/2014 4:08:07 PM reply with quote send message to Vivente Object to Post

Wow, congratulations Alexandria!!!! I am also happy to see that some of them are boys for my girl to be bred to happy :) We are catching up quickly!

Em
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/2/2014 4:37:52 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Thanks laugh :D Yeah, I was even more excited 2 of the 3 were males...and no way was I gonna get rid of either! Lol, generally I don't like keeping that many males, even if they are good, but in this case, I definitely am wink ;).

We'll have a finishable LH or SH or both before the end of the Summer, or I eat my hat...

Alexandria
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/8/2014 2:52:09 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Solidly in the 91s! I'm wondering if I could finish her without stacking or if I should wait til we have a higher 91 or a 92...

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13216243

Alexandria
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/8/2014 4:24:11 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

Hmmm you could try! There are still dogs in the 91s winning and getting majors...just really research the judges. I enter my dogs in basically any show that gets entries, so I think that's why the lower SOPs will win sometimes (since they normally enter before me and pick judges lol). I haven't had another 91 yet to join you, though :/

Em

-----
Last edited by Amoroso on 6/8/2014 4:51:28 PM
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/10/2014 7:25:55 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

Hey all!

So, can anyone tell me how Wheatens popped up in my WH breeding program, which doesn't have any Wheatens in it?? I know it must be a recessive that has just been carried for generations, but from where? I got two Wheaten boys in this litter! (Btw, they are available if anyone wants one...I'll probably FH them otherwise, since they are a bit too low to show. But, I think they are very high in comparison to other Wheatens!)

Here is one of the boys: www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13222950

I also have some 92+ pups up for sale happy :)

Em
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/11/2014 11:50:23 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

The red. There is like so much red in that line, I'm surprised you haven't gotten Wheaten before. I forget the exact inheritance but the red and cream/wheaten are located on the same allele. I was kind of surprised you didn't have any cream markings in the line, only tan, but it still managed the wheaten with just the red. I'll look it up later, the genetics but I'm 99% sure it's the red that got recessive and became wheaten wink ;)

Alexandria
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/11/2014 12:37:20 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

I would guess the wheaten gene is along the same lines as the Red, maybe a diluted gene? like black is diluted to blue? I know there's blue and tan WH, maybe that's where the diluted gene came into play... without really looking at it (the doxie color genes are overwhelming) that's what I would guess.
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/11/2014 12:47:11 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

From a genetics page…

"Cream is a recessive gene, therefore dogs must inherit one copy of the relevant allele from each parent. All colours of dog can “carry” one copy of the cream allele without showing that colour.
Most Dachshunds are CchCch, i.e. they are not cream and do not carry cream.
The Cream colour is mainly seen in Mini Longs (although the fawn colour in Mini Smooths may be caused by the same gene).
If a dog is solid cream then its base colour is red (AyAy, AyAt) but it also has 2 copies of the cch gene (cchcch). This gene changes the red coat colour to cream by diluting the pigment.
If a dog is Black and Cream then its base colour is black and tan (AtAtBB or AtAtBb) but it also has 2 copies of the cch gene (cchcch).
If a dog is Chocolate and Cream then its base colour is Chocolate and Tan (AtAtbb) and it also has 2 copies of the cch gene (cchcch) – interestingly this is the only colour that without genetic testing you can be almost absolutely certain of its genetic make-up as its colour consists entirely of recessive genes!"
dachshundbreedcouncil.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/coat-and-colour.pdf

Alexandria
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/11/2014 9:55:47 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

Interesting. I understand the idea of dilutions, since I have seen it occur in real life, but I was under the impression that there should be a wheaten/diluted gene somewhere in the pedigree for that to happen (but I guess they all carried recessive genes and they finally culminated in this litter lol). Thank you! I found it rather interesting, since I definitely was not breeding for color in this litter!

Em

-----
Last edited by Amoroso on 6/11/2014 9:56:05 PM
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2014 7:35:10 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Dachshund genetics are so fascinating…I cut my teeth on them, and they make the majority of other breeds look so simple and easy, lol.

Oh, and some days you have a bunch of bad luck and then some days you get this…
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13225630

Alexandria
Ps This to me means we're caught up…not at 92, but I didn't even breed my own 92s til a little over two weeks ago, lol

Replies in this thread : 151
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class