Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 20

Author Topic : What inspired your kennel name? :)
 Dalkeith
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/16/2015 9:01:41 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post   

I thought it would be an interesting/fun idea to hear what inspired your kennel names for ShowDog?

I know some are RL kennel names, random ideas, things you like, breeds your obsessed with, creative - or just plain cooky!

Feel free to join in the conversation happy :)
 Rensvik
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/16/2015 9:18:08 PM reply with quote send message to Rensvik Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Mine is a bit boring.

DenKees

"Den" is from my real name Denise, "Kees" comes from my breed in that account. And I just love my real life Keesies.

I have just started a Norwegian Buhund account and am thinking of DenHund - formulated the same way - as my Kennel name for that one, still a little unsure on that one. Any suggestions welcome.

My other account with the DenKees kennel is Aussiewolfsister.

-----
Last edited by Rensvik on 1/16/2015 9:18:41 PM

-----
Last edited by Rensvik on 1/16/2015 9:19:39 PM
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
1/16/2015 10:11:33 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

I'll start with my 6:

Dalkeith: was a name I came across when watching a TV show years ago - and I just really liked the name ... I have a funny feeling that the TV show was about a nursing home - which is totally random lol.

Rijbakluva: is a shortened version of 'Ridgeback Lover' - as my RL breed is Rhodesian Ridgebacks.

Ariege: is the name of a French pointer - a breed I like happy :)

Quileute Legends: is from 'Twilight' - one of my favourite movie series!

Northern Lightz: Is from the northern lights that touch the mountains. Such a beautiful scene happy :)

Chaos and Havoc: 'Chaos' was the name of one of my beloved pet rats, who I owned. I liked the sound of Chaos and Havoc - so I chose it as my 5th account in my family account happy :)
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
1/16/2015 10:48:01 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Mine is rather straight forward; the beautiful rocky stream that runs trough our property was named Drake Creek by my family who has held this land for generations. Of course the creek is named after our own family. Our valley is an expansive grassy and rocky meadow. So basically I named my kennel after our real life land, and that's pretty much it. happy :)
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
1/17/2015 12:54:03 AM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

Thats really cool Drake happy :) Your land sounds amazing! happy :)
 Whitegold Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/17/2015 5:23:11 AM reply with quote send message to Whitegold Kennels Object to Post

Mine is from the combination of the two breeds I was going to have when I first started, Golden Retrievers and Samoyeds (hence White for the Sams, and Gold for the GRs) ... only I didn't stay in Samoyeds very long.

Neither kennel name existed officially until this year. When I signed up I used me usual internet sign up name, not realising it would be my kennel name (it was a long time ago, in the early days of SD). But Whitegold has always been my prefix.

Jessica
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/17/2015 2:25:31 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Treestand Kennel came about because I used to have a kennel called TreeHouse Kennel but couldn't remember the password and our neighbor at our property has a deer stand in a tree so Treestand came about. laugh :D

My prefix Tavin is a combination of my boys, Tank and Calvin.

My basic kennel is SmokeJumper Kennel. I have always loved the smokejumper firefighters so chose that one. happy :)

My old family account had: The Dane Spot, my first kennel and I owned a Dane at the time, so why not have the breed? Boy was that a tough breed to join laugh :D ; TreeHouse Kennel, think my parents and I were watching a DIY improve your yard show and they built a treehouse ... Creative, I know laugh :D ; GraveDigger Kennel, we were watching a show about some gravedigger ... Has nothing to do with the monster truck; and Rehab Kennel, after the band.
 sngpugs
Basic User

Basic User
1/18/2015 10:44:25 AM reply with quote send message to sngpugs Object to Post

I wasn't original lol.
Mine is RL kennel name only spelled the way I should have spelled it when I reg'd it. I didn't realize then that you only had 30 character spaces to work with for naming so I wrote it out, Essengee. The initials of my daughter and myself and of course Pugs are my first love. happy :)
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/18/2015 12:39:00 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

"Tarot" is my real kennel name in Afghan Hounds though I haven't been active in about 20 years.

"DoggyPanache" (IWS and Shih Tzu) is the name of a website I used to have selling dog clothes.

"Fingerprint" (Dalmatians) is based on the name of a Dalmatian I had years ago and lost tragically.

"Aldeberan" (Komondor) is the name of a star and also the name of an Afghan Hound I had many years ago.

"Xizang" (TT) is the name of a geographical location in Tibet (I am pretty inactive in that kennel).
 dos de Pearl City
Basic User

Basic User
1/19/2015 9:58:52 AM reply with quote send message to dos de Pearl City Object to Post

My main kennel name is Pearl City, I named it after an bridge in the city I grew up in as a teenager. My friends (and practically everyone who was around 14-18) would go under the bridge, what we called "The Pillars" and have fun, talked, it really was a place were we would let go and not worry about all the bad stuff. It was really picturesque too, as the river was right there and all the wild little things. Anyways, The bridge is called Queen City, and I guess to not give off our secret spot, I changed it to Pearl City. That became my kennel name when I signed up in 2010. I was 15 then.
 WishMaker
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/22/2015 7:47:15 PM reply with quote send message to WishMaker Object to Post

I named mine WishMaker because when I think of Samoyeds, I think of fantasy, dreams, and wishes coming true happy :)

Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/2/2015 3:48:08 AM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

Aww I love reading these!

My friend and I played a different sim game. Her kennel was Drei Adler and mine was Isaiah. We signed up this account to play together but eventually it was just me playing. Hundehutte is just German for kennel basically.

HSKennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/5/2015 5:56:01 PM reply with quote send message to HSKennel Object to Post

From my RL Kennel Hot Shot.
 BlackFrost
Basic User

Basic User
2/5/2015 6:00:17 PM reply with quote send message to BlackFrost Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I guess I try to name my kennels "in theme" for the breeds I want to show out of them.

Blackfrost is my Siberian (and now Klee Kai) kennel, for northern, sled breeds.

Celtic Fire is my setter, wolfhound and collie kennel for my Celtic isles breeds.

Khepera Rising Sun is for Basenjis, Pharoah Hounds and Salukis, my African/Egyptian hounds kennel.

Black Lotus is for my asian breeds, though it's mainly Shiba Inus (what we have in RL)

Stormlight is the only one not as themed, it's my brand new kennel starting out with Weimaraner's - I think I'm headed for a color theme there.

-----
Last edited by BlackFrost on 2/5/2015 6:01:02 PM
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/5/2015 6:49:02 PM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

I've only ever had one dog and his name is king Blazzo the first
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
4/29/2015 5:27:08 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Would love to hear others stories happy :)
 Picardy
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/29/2015 11:30:10 AM reply with quote send message to Picardy Object to Post

Picardy - Named for the region in France, and because I like Blue Picardy Spaniels in RL.
GraceInGlory - a kennel I inherited from a fellow SDer, I believe it was named after one of her dogs.
Peregrin - I was reading Lord of the Rings at the time wink ;)
Nachthunde - German for "night dog" - no particular influence.
Agamede - A woman from Greek myth and an ancient Greek town. I just like the name!
  Prism
Basic User

Basic User
4/29/2015 11:42:18 AM reply with quote send message to  Prism Object to Post

Prism -- wanted to focus on white Samoyeds and their coat just sort of sparkles so Prism seemed like a good fit.

Karakar -- something I made up when I was about ten. I think I just liked the repeating letters.

Tabriz -- just a pretty name I liked.

Absolut -- RL kennel name.

Saqr -- Arabic for falcon (if I remember correctly), I have Saluki and wanted a name that reflected them.

Wabi-Sabi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/29/2015 6:09:19 PM reply with quote send message to Wabi-Sabi Kennels Object to Post

Wabi-Sabi, although sounding more like a delicacy than anything else really represents a comprehensive Japanese world view or aesthetic centered on the acceptance of transience and imperfection. The aesthetic is sometimes described as one of beauty that is "imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete".
 Glittering
Basic User

Basic User
4/29/2015 10:23:04 PM reply with quote send message to Glittering Object to Post

speedy was my original login name - didn't realise it would become my kennel name

Glittering - can't remember why - maybe because my dogs at that time shone

Korthals - it's a WPG kennels, and a guy called Korthals developed the breed in real life.

Now need another kennel, another breed and another account. Can't pick the name until I pick the breed. Trawling through breeds.
 Guinevere
Basic User

Basic User
5/3/2015 12:16:51 PM reply with quote send message to Guinevere Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

My original kennel was sora972 (I didn't realize that it would be my kennel name at the time). It was based off of a childhood show I watched.

My current kennels are as follows:

Regenhaus: Loosely based off of my mom's RL kennel where she has Rotts and GSDs. Regenhaus means House of Rain or Rain House.

Painted Romance: I chose this name because it reflected my love for romance in novels as well as my love for flowery language. It also worked well with my Keeshonds and Weimaraners.

Guinevere: I have a slight obsession with King Arthur and Camelot. Guinevere is the name of the Queen of Camelot.

Nimueh: This also stems from the King Arthur legends. Though it appears more frequently in the tales of Merlin.

Igraine: Also a King Arthur reference. I loved this name because it was beautiful yet strong which represented the GSDs in this kennel beautifully.

-----
Last edited by Guinevere on 5/3/2015 1:28:55 PM

Replies in this thread : 20

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.