Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 12

Author Topic : New kennel needs a breed
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/25/2016 1:34:56 PM reply with quote send message to DeFault Object to Post   

I would like an easy breed to start with.
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
8/25/2016 2:03:05 PM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

Anatolians could always use more players! We've lost a few key ones the last few months. Stud fees are low, generally 25 to 50, there's shows with majors nightly. We're in the low to mid 95s currently.

Caucasian Mountain Dogs are always welcoming new breeders too. Stud fees are low, 25 to 50, we go Best In Show regularly and group placements aren't uncommon. Handlers are easy, there's always enough shows for majors without being overly packed. We're in the mid 94s with a handful of dogs in the 95s.

Temora
Basic User

Basic User
8/26/2016 4:31:54 AM reply with quote send message to Temora Object to Post

Sealyham Terriers get BIS with the right judges. Friendly and helpful players. Majors most nights.

Pointers / Wirehaired Pointing Griffons / Kookerhondjes (is there an i in there?) / Silky Terriers / French Bulldogs - all with a small group of friendly people, all get group placements.

All of the above have studs from $25.

Happy to help you with any of them.
 Strange Fellows
Basic User

Basic User
8/26/2016 11:01:00 AM reply with quote send message to Strange Fellows Object to Post

I'd recommend Whippets - they're among the top 20 breeds, there are several shows each day and some specialties each month. Though, they could need some more dedicated breeders/show addicts.

I could also help out with:
- Borzois (Eremitage) - top 10 breed, super competitive, real fun to get them to 99+
- Italian Greyhounds (Sociatà Eccentrica) - top SOPs now 93+, so still a lot to do, quite active, many shows; and
- Azawakh (Amadror) - great community, lots of specialties in addition to daily shows, great improvements recently to 95+ SOPs.

Hope to see you in some of those breeds & let me know if I can help.
 .Alexandrite.
Basic User

Basic User
8/26/2016 11:12:23 AM reply with quote send message to .Alexandrite. Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Afghans! We're in the top 20 and we're quite friendly. We get group placings regularly. Bunch of colors too, with several of us doing color projects if you like that sort of thing. Studs are very reasonably priced. Finishing SOP is 98.40+

The only kinda meh thing about them is that are hounds and take about 30 days to completely session for obedience.

Let me know if you're interested! I can set you up with whatever you're interested in.

Alexandria

-----
Last edited by .Alexandrite. on 8/26/2016 11:14:23 AM
 top dog the k9 place
Basic User

Basic User
8/26/2016 1:34:00 PM reply with quote send message to top dog the k9 place Object to Post

You should try Canaans! I constantly have good show/breeding prospects that I have to FH just because of lack of interest. It's very easy to finish dogs, studs are $25, and we're progressing quickly SOP-wise. Please let me know if you'd like some broods!

happy :)
Heather
 Gallant
Basic User

Basic User
8/26/2016 3:06:25 PM reply with quote send message to Gallant Object to Post

Akitas!! Only about 5 breeders currently
 Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/26/2016 4:37:34 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

Speaking of Afghans, though we have SOP's into the 98.40/50s and up to 98.75, you can still do well with a 98.25 dog if it's a good dog.

I too can help you out with dogs there, same as I can likely help you out if you get into the Borzois or Italian Greyhounds
 Firebrand Akitas
Basic User

Basic User
8/26/2016 6:14:05 PM reply with quote send message to Firebrand Akitas Object to Post

I second akitas!

Good SOPs, competitive in the show ring, lots of color options if you like color genetics and I would be happy to help you out with dogs happy :)
 Windsong Hills
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2016 6:06:27 AM reply with quote send message to Windsong Hills Object to Post

I'm late to the show, but I encourage German Shorthaired Pointers!

We are competitive in the ring, and I try to have dogs in shows every night so you have chance at points. My dogs get show and group placings on a regular basis. We also have an illustrated picture made by the lovely Picardy.

While some of the other players are quiet, I am always up to chat and talk. You can finish 98.05-98.15 and the top SOP I've seen thus far is 98.35. My highest is 98.30, and my show string is between 97.95-98.25.

There are also plenty of pups out there right that are good to start with, and if you need a brood or want a sessioned dog, we can work something out.

Hope you enjoy your new breed,
Lily
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2016 2:43:31 PM reply with quote send message to DeFault Object to Post

Thank you all for the offers to join your breed, but I have finally decided to go with Borzoi for now. Lets see how they work for me.
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/29/2016 11:42:31 AM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

To follow up on Afghans, the quality is skyrocketing and we have an amazing number of colors, of good quality. I too can help you out if you are thinking about Afghans. And I agree, we are a very friendly group.
 Ariege
Basic User

Basic User
8/29/2016 8:32:10 PM reply with quote send message to Ariege Object to Post

If Zoi's don't work out for you - I've just put up a tonne of info on Swedish Vallhunds here in this post:

www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=601625

We're looking for new breeders! happy :)

Replies in this thread : 12

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.