Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Starter Prices?
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/15/2017 9:14:08 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post   

I tried to find the answer but didn't see a good one.

Does anyone remember why the starters were on a sliding price scale?

I saw HotSauce mentioning Akitas were $2,500 at the moment.

Will
 ZipLine Thai Ridgebacks
Basic User

Basic User
1/15/2017 12:36:19 PM reply with quote send message to ZipLine Thai Ridgebacks Object to Post

I think it is because of how many pups/dogs are available for sale....If you look at the starters that cost 20.00, there are no dogs for sale.

Maybe I am wrong, but that is just my thoughts.

happy :)
 Euphorias
Basic User

Basic User
1/16/2017 8:26:48 PM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post

The above poster is correct, it is based on how many dogs are for sale (I think within the last few days or so.)
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/18/2017 9:23:27 PM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

That needs to be changed... seriously.
 Euphorias
Basic User

Basic User
1/22/2017 11:51:02 AM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post

I agree, dogs for sale dose not at all coincide with the activeness of the breed. Honestly starter dogs should all be one price, $100 for random & $200 for choice of color (or something similar). No one can really abuse it as there is no gain form buying them IMO.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/22/2017 6:58:22 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I believe it is linked to dogs for sale to encourage people to buy from other players and keep the money in circulation. I'm not sure that I see any problem with that - better that you buy from another player whenever possible.
 Euphorias
Basic User

Basic User
1/23/2017 7:34:19 PM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post

Except for someone wanting source dogs wants them for a specific reason, usually something you can't get from anther player.
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
1/24/2017 9:18:35 AM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

At the quality they are now, they should 100, + for choices.

-----
Last edited by Studio Dogs on 1/24/2017 9:20:00 AM
 Kennel Drakar
Basic User

Basic User
1/24/2017 11:04:25 AM reply with quote send message to Kennel Drakar Object to Post

posted by Studio Dogs
At the quality they are now, they should 100, + for choices.

-----
Last edited by Studio Dogs on 1/24/2017 9:20:00 AM

Absolutely, there is no advantage to getting them... Not if you plan to show.
 Taymyr
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/12/2017 6:56:57 PM reply with quote send message to Taymyr Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Having just bought specific colour starter dogs for another player, I was surprised and a bit dismayed to see just how much choosing a colour adds to the cost of a reasonably pricy dog. This must discourage people from trying to revive lost colours in some of the breeds with numerous pups for sale. It would be nice if the choice of colour at least made no difference to the ultimate price.

Fortunately my kennels could all easily stand the cost of the dogs purchased, so I was very happy to help another player get started. But it made me wonder how many other players would like get involved in colour revival and just can't pay the amount needed.

-----
Last edited by Taymyr on 3/12/2017 6:58:15 PM

-----
Last edited by Taymyr on 3/12/2017 7:08:44 PM
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2017 7:29:34 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

I looked into a starter the other day - as I needed a specific color for a color project (the genes are not currently present in the game)

It was for a Shar-pei (NOT an active breed) - the price was $7000+

Needless to say I didn't buy it.
 Taymyr
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/12/2017 7:34:14 PM reply with quote send message to Taymyr Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Ouch!!!!

And I thought just under $3,200 per dog was high!!!!!

-----
Last edited by Taymyr on 3/12/2017 7:35:27 PM

Replies in this thread : 11

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.