Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Lethal white
 DoggyPanache
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
12/7/2017 7:49:01 PM reply with quote send message to DoggyPanache Object to Post   

I got a lethal white Great Dane puppy in my new litter. What does it mean? I know genetically it's probably not breedable in RL but what about on the game? Does it mean anything?

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16061681
 Lap of Luxury
Basic User

Basic User
12/8/2017 12:26:10 AM reply with quote send message to Lap of Luxury Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

https://www.petful.com/pet-health/the-lethal-white-double-merle-gene-decoded/
I don't know if these RL issues impact the game, but if it was my dog I'd assume it does??

-----
Last edited by Lap of Luxury on 12/8/2017 12:29:33 AM
 ESAN
Basic User

Basic User
12/8/2017 1:38:27 AM reply with quote send message to ESAN Object to Post

It doesn't have any effect in the game. Colors don't affect health in the game.
 DoggyPanache
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/8/2017 11:34:58 AM reply with quote send message to DoggyPanache Object to Post

Thanks for the info.
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
12/9/2017 3:11:15 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

leathal colours were added to the game when the colours were added as they are genetically possible. In real life those pups would either not be born, die or have issues. But here as above there is no effect.
 Equity Danes
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/17/2017 11:20:08 AM reply with quote send message to Equity Danes Object to Post

I show and breed Great Danes in real life. The Harlequin colored family as I put it (Harl, Mantle, Black, Blue (I don't breed blues) -recognized colors-). This gene can be easily avoided with common sense. NEVER breed Harl X Harl, that is a disaster waiting to happen with the slightest chance of a nicely marked pup. I could soap box all day on this one...So Dane genetics makes me drool with fascination. Also...GENETIC HEALTH TESTS!!!!!!!! Color genes can be done too!

Merles CAN be used for breeding if you know your lines' genetics and again, common sense. Merle X Merle...stupid. Merle X Harl...ugh

Note: Since THIS IS A GAME, I eased up on myself after awhile since I ended up with really NICE mismarks...of course lol. "Meagen's Law" (my name...). I also didn't breed Harl family to Fawn/brindle family back then either due to genetic makeup for colors.

When we were doing genetics for the game (I was around since 2005) I really wanted 'consequences' to be added for such genetic type problems, for ALL breeds. In Dobermans, we agreed to leave Albinism OUT and I'm glad. (I show them irl as well).

While beautiful, the "mismarked" colors (such as merle-mantle, fawn-harl etc) are not recognized by the AKC. IF they were, there would be a hell of a lot LESS puppymilling in real life. I heard they were considering recognizing some of the colors as long as they follow the coat patterns, which I would support.

OKAY so since I DID my usual quick-education thing I'm going to stop now because like I said, I can go on for hours about how it works.

Meagen
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/17/2017 11:47:33 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Very interesting, Meagen.
(Edited to correct your name) laugh :D

-----
Last edited by Clwyd Cockers on 12/17/2017 11:48:24 AM
 DoggyPanache
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/17/2017 12:18:16 PM reply with quote send message to DoggyPanache Object to Post

I find color genetics fascinating and I also kind of wish the lethal colors were lethal in the game as well. My RL breed was Afghan Hounds, and we don't have anything lethal in that breed, but do have a huge variety of colors, patterns, and overlays. If you keep soapboxing ad nauseum, I will just keep reading ad nauseum. LOL
 Equity Danes
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/17/2017 5:00:59 PM reply with quote send message to Equity Danes Object to Post

posted by DoggyPanache
I find color genetics fascinating and I also kind of wish the lethal colors were lethal in the game as well. My RL breed was Afghan Hounds, and we don't have anything lethal in that breed, but do have a huge variety of colors, patterns, and overlays. If you keep soapboxing ad nauseum, I will just keep reading ad nauseum. LOL
100% in agreement lol
 Equity Danes
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/18/2017 7:37:45 AM reply with quote send message to Equity Danes Object to Post

posted by Clwyd Cockers
Very interesting, Meagen.
(Edited to correct your name) laugh :D

-----
Last edited by Clwyd Cockers on 12/17/2017 11:48:24 AM

Haha! I am always one of those folks who NEVER had a "license plate" with the correct spelling of their name. wink ;) Spell check thinks I'm an idiot, and any robotic voice pronounces it Me-JEN, while other spellings are correct. It's really entertaining <3

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.