.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 55
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Aussiewolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/22/2020 8:24:50 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolf Object to Post

I dread what is going to happen when my German Spitz litters whelp.

Eight of the nine litters are source to source.

Sorry in advance -- I had no idea this was such a big problem, or I would have bred source to established lines instead.
 Fabre
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/23/2020 12:34:41 AM reply with quote send message to Fabre Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Wonder what's going On

-----
Last edited by Fabre on 2/23/2020 11:34:41 AM
 MJ s
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2020 1:07:13 AM reply with quote send message to MJ s Object to Post

posted by Arctic Lights Kennels
I am a long-time player with several kennels. With all the problems going on recently, I have been trying to decide between staying or going. This litter problem, and how long it is taking to fix just might help in my decision.
Me too..... I m tired....
 Barnsforde
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/23/2020 1:40:04 AM reply with quote send message to Barnsforde Object to Post

Still no puppies despite messaging Jeff yesterday.
You can't play like this.
I see Halcyon is leaving.
Is this Jeff's way of shutting the game down?
 Fabre
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/23/2020 3:01:28 AM reply with quote send message to Fabre Object to Post

He could have a family emergency or something. We shouldn't jump to any catastrophic conclusios yet.
 Barnsforde
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/23/2020 5:07:24 AM reply with quote send message to Barnsforde Object to Post

Happens an awful lot, Fabre

If he's having so many family emergencies then he probably doesn't have the time to keep the game running.
 ladykenco
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/23/2020 5:55:35 AM reply with quote send message to ladykenco Object to Post

I have 4 litters that were due to be born yesterday and still not!
 SFFC
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/23/2020 7:37:49 AM reply with quote send message to SFFC Object to Post

It's ridiculous.
 LoupGarou
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2020 7:38:34 AM reply with quote send message to LoupGarou Object to Post

Has anyone actually TALKED to Jeff or have you just texted him? As to those of you who are passing on Jeff conspiracy theories--shame on you. Until someone has actually TALKED to him and he has posted here that he is aware of the situation, then it's best to assume that he is unaware of the situation.
 Aislin
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2020 8:19:30 AM reply with quote send message to Aislin Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I have not spoken to Jeff directly. I texted him. I've never spoken to him and to be honest I don't know if he'd be busy or when is the appropriate time to talk or even if he'd be interested at all. Based on what I've seen over the years, it seems like it doesn't matter. I didn't play in the games hay day. I didn't start playing until 2010 or something like that and I've never seen anything personally that indicates to me that he cares about the game at all. I'm not attacking, I'm just observing.

I understand that what I said might be hard to hear for those of you that might be friends with him or have developed a friendship with him over the years. I mean no disrespect at all with my observations. I'm just saying I don't know his schedule. Typically when I text an individual and I get no response I can only assume they don't wish to respond. I don't know if a call would change that mindset.

-----
Last edited by Aislin on 2/23/2020 8:24:03 AM
 Blackcreek
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2020 9:08:18 AM reply with quote send message to Blackcreek Object to Post

It is the weekend and that is often when people go away with the family so hopefully things will get worked out tomorrow.
 LoupGarou
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2020 10:12:52 AM reply with quote send message to LoupGarou Object to Post

Nothing anyone has said is "difficult" for me to hear. It's just a mark of tremendous disrespect to a person who has kept an unprofitable game online for as long as it has been to bandy about conspiracy theories. The best way in the world to get this game shut down is to accuse Jeff of looking for ways to shut the game down, especially after all the work he did migrating to a new server. As I said, until someone has actually SPOKEN to Jeff and made him aware, the best thing to do is to assume that he is UNAWARE. I have litters waiting, too. I recognize that things happen and that I might need to be patient. People should try that sometimes and realize that Jeff's life does not revolve around their lives.
 Rivacre Gundogs
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2020 10:25:36 AM reply with quote send message to Rivacre Gundogs Object to Post

When people are actually paying to play the game you don’t expect such frequent issues and for issues to take days to even be addressed.

Yeah he has a life etc, but if people are paying for the game it’s a fair expectation to expect it to run without frequent issues. I’m not in the US so I don’t want to throw even more money at calling him when there’s an issue. If people have text him then surely he’s aware and a quick update on the forums would have been nice.
 LoupGarou
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2020 10:53:01 AM reply with quote send message to LoupGarou Object to Post

You know, not everyone lives with a phone in their hands. Yes, you're paying for the game, but problems have typically been dealt with and players have typically been compensated for them.

By the way, I'm pretty sure that it's calving season. Just saying.
 Barnsforde
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/23/2020 11:02:06 AM reply with quote send message to Barnsforde Object to Post

Loup Garop, I'm in UK so I'm not phoning Jeff. If he can't answer messages, so be it. People appear to be leaving the game. Can't help wondering if that is what he actually wants.
 Aislin
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2020 11:03:47 AM reply with quote send message to Aislin Object to Post

Well, I'm not about to argue over it. It's just that I work 12 hour days and designated this particular weekend (I usually don't even get weekends off) to sort my litters. I won't have time to sort them for another 2 weeks. So, it's a little irritating.

I would think that something should have been done by now or at least a quick response to say that he got the message and will be able to fix it on a particular date. To be flat out ignored is totally disrespectful to all of us. I'm just standing up for us and our hard earned money. That's all.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have some folks who play every day be moderators if time is a concern. I'm sure there are veteran players here that would be more than willing to volunteer to help out such a great game.

Fabre
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/23/2020 11:36:37 AM reply with quote send message to Fabre Object to Post

Got a text back from Jeff. He thought he had it fixed last night. He said it will be around 4pm today till he can hopefully fix it.
 LoupGarou
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2020 12:00:10 PM reply with quote send message to LoupGarou Object to Post

Barnsforde, I'm not arguing about it, either. However, your speculation about Jeff "really" wanting the game to be shut down is just silly. If he "really" wanted to shut the down, he could shut it down. End of story. He doesn't need player permission. All he needs is to tell people that subscriptions will not be renewed and shut off the server when the time comes. Done. That's how things operate in the grown-up world. In any case, the message above mine should put everything to rest.

Conspiracy theories. Gotta love them.
 Sukai Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2020 12:33:52 PM reply with quote send message to Sukai Kennel Object to Post

Thank you Fabre, for the update, I understand the issues, and life as i have 4 kids, and 2 are sick today, but this is an on going issue, it could be a coding issue with the source german spitz, but that is thousands of lines of code and you really need to understand those lines to find and fix the problem once and for all
 Nikki420
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2020 1:19:03 PM reply with quote send message to Nikki420 Object to Post

as someone who is paying to pay this game i expect when there are game glitches to be handled that day. same with any other service i pay for. if the owner is so tied up with family then he needs to bring someone else in the help manage the systems or sell it all together to someone that has the time to fix issues. isn't fair to those that are paying as players for the features of this game. & i plot my litters to be born to the advantage of running my kennel smoothly now im gonna have a bunch of pups at once & i wasn't wanting that. seems these problems are happening more & more often. im not gonna want to continue to pay to play if the owner doesn't take this seriously.

Replies in this thread : 55
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.