.com Forum · Herding Breeds

Replies in this thread : 114
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
<< prev page next page >>

Norge
Basic User

Basic User
3/8/2007 9:28:18 AM reply with quote send message to Norge Object to Post

I don't know if this is anything special but we just got our 2nd Ch.. We have another one with 8 points and our first boy got a major today.

We may not have the top Buhunds but we are going to give the 2nd tier a run.

Robbie
 Deep Water
Basic User

Basic User
3/8/2007 9:41:33 AM reply with quote send message to Deep Water Object to Post

posted by Firebyrd
Well, just about everything is weak right now. There's not much room to go down, just up (or so I hope!) wink ;)
Lol, true. We'll have some idea of weak stats soon enough though happy :)
 Lilac Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
3/8/2007 12:42:27 PM reply with quote send message to Lilac Meadows Object to Post

I was curious too what people were going to do. I was thinking I would just breed the G1's together. But someone brought up breeding the g1 to G0. Would that strenthen anything? I thought it was better to get up to the 3rd and 4th when things start to get sorted out. So wouldn't going back to G0 help at all?

Just curious.

Leslie
(Fjord Pass)
 Deejay
Basic User
Forum Moderator

Basic User Forum Moderator
3/8/2007 2:16:39 PM reply with quote send message to Deejay Object to Post

Just a quick welcome to the Herding dogs Forums. Please feel free to post on here

Deejay
 Wild Magic Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/8/2007 4:28:43 PM reply with quote send message to Wild Magic Kennels Object to Post

Ok here is somewhat of an answer to all of your questions about what to breed gen 1s to. I have starter lines in all 10 of my kennels. From my own expericance it really really depends on the stats alone when you start with starters. The gen doesn't matter, sop doesn't matter, nothing. Just pay very very close attention to the stats make sure that what you breed to is opposite of each other. For instance if you have a 20 in coat then breed anything but a 20, 19 or 18 to that coat even if it's a 1 or a 2. But preferable not a 1 or a 2 but if you have to it's better than breeding 2 20s together. It's very important in the beginning to cement in decent stats and not to cement in those bad ones. For example the boys I kept I'll be breeding back to my gen0 girls because I made sure that I kept boys that had better stats in the areas that my girls had bad. The main thing you have to constrate on is breeding out the red and orange. Hope that helps you guys that are not sure what gen to breed to. Remember breeding back to Gen0 can help cement in decent stats if you have them.

Tammy a.k.a Star*Gems
 Emerald Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
3/8/2007 4:58:19 PM reply with quote send message to Emerald Meadows Object to Post

Can someone post the link for the web based club pages and the banners made thus far?

Assuming of course they are available for viewing.

Oh...Hello there. Just got my first two Buhunds. I'd been waiting til I can make my starters, but I'm getting impatient, so decided to buy some ready made!
 Latiff
Basic User

Basic User
3/8/2007 5:54:17 PM reply with quote send message to Latiff Object to Post

Thanks Tammy for clarifying that for me. lol

Leslie
(Fjord Pass)
 Norge
Basic User

Basic User
3/8/2007 10:12:09 PM reply with quote send message to Norge Object to Post

We have stated that we want to be a friendly breed. I am concerned that I have heard reports that a kennel with a couple of very competitive dogs is stacking with unsessioned pups, taking all the good handlers. I know of no way to police this behavior but feel it is unnecessary and damaging to the breed as a whole as well as unsportsman like.

Robbie
 Raistlins
Basic User

Basic User
3/8/2007 11:16:15 PM reply with quote send message to Raistlins Object to Post

I went through the show results and think I may know who you're referring to, Norge. I agree that it's unsportsmanlike, but I believe this person may be new to SD and not know that. At least it appears to just be one show, and there is at least one other dog entered that just may take the points, anyway.
 DragonFire Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/9/2007 12:08:38 AM reply with quote send message to DragonFire Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hi guys. First of all, I love the idea of the switch from the Alpha to the Herding Forum. Much more appropriate. Sadly though, I have decided to leave Buhunds. I have discovered that I can't do two lines in one kennel and I can't afford another kennel at the moment, so I'm booting the Buhunds out. All of them. They are for sale for $100, including the ones that I have started sessioning. First come first serve. Some are unnamed, so just send me a name. I'm truly sorry to be leaving a breed with such great members. Good luck for the future.

Dragon

*edited to fix a typo
 Firebyrd
Basic User

Basic User
3/9/2007 12:13:53 AM reply with quote send message to Firebyrd Object to Post

Seems experienced enough in handler choices, considering all the good handlers are taken. And this has been going on awhile, if you start investigating show results.
 Norge
Basic User

Basic User
3/9/2007 6:04:48 AM reply with quote send message to Norge Object to Post

Dragon Fire and Stacking......

Farewell Dragonfire. You were a great encouragement to me in the establishment of my kennel and my early struggle with Norweigan. You will be missed but I see your wonderful Dogue team too. In the same situation I would have to choose one breed or the other.

To everyone......a great mentor has just left us and we need to strive to follow this example.

Thanks for the private posts regarding stacking. I think we need a banner about each kennel not approving of stacking.

Thanks for your time,

Robbie

Edited four spleling lol
 showcavaliers
Basic User

Basic User
3/9/2007 6:24:07 AM reply with quote send message to showcavaliers Object to Post

Sigh... as Norge already knows I'm selling all my buhunds for any one that wants one sad :(
 kiroja3
Basic User

Basic User
3/9/2007 7:36:39 AM reply with quote send message to kiroja3 Object to Post

Sorry to see some good players go! But welcome to the newcomers of the breed. happy :)

I have been very behind because of some RL dog shows, so am just now getting to my second round of breeding for the G0 bitches. For those of you that already have bred your bitches for a second time and have pups about to settle, how are they looking? Compared to the first set of G1s, is your second choice stud doing anything for you?
 Beowoof
Basic User

Basic User
3/9/2007 7:43:14 AM reply with quote send message to Beowoof Object to Post

From the owners of Norge....we wish to introduce a Buhund only finishing kennel. Email me here for details.

Robbie
 Wild Magic Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/9/2007 7:55:12 AM reply with quote send message to Wild Magic Kennels Object to Post

About the only thing we can do about stacking is state that we don't approve and do like Jeff has always said, enter a better dog to beat them. Eventually they will go broke because of not winning and stop the stacking. I suppose that if we had to the Club could offically "reprimaned" them but I don't want to go down that road unless we are forced to. I don't think it would be conducive to a friendly club to do things like that.

I'm sorry to see those of you that are leaving, go. You will be missed. And welcome to the new ones that have joined lately.

Tammy
 Deep Water
Basic User

Basic User
3/9/2007 8:21:25 AM reply with quote send message to Deep Water Object to Post

What's the point in stacking? Is it to try and get more points or something? Probably something I should know since I've played for quite a while but I don't.
 Firebyrd
Basic User

Basic User
3/9/2007 9:04:56 AM reply with quote send message to Firebyrd Object to Post

posted by Deep Water
What's the point in stacking? Is it to try and get more points or something?b]
To be incredibly lazy. Find a show with nobody else entered. Enter all dogs. Don't bother to waste the time and se$$ions on sessioning any dogs, just enter them all totally ungroomed, etc, can even be on crappy food. The poor judge has to pick one of them! And they can get a nice juicy 5pt major for no work at all, just competing against their own dogs.

If nothing else, I entered a girl that was just starting to be sessioned (as mentioned above, wasn't going to show her before, but changed mind). She had just enough to win over the others. And someone else with an unsessioned boy (and NO handler -huh??) took WD. So it was a pricey show stack last nite for them.

Norge
Basic User

Basic User
3/9/2007 10:30:42 AM reply with quote send message to Norge Object to Post

Another example of stacking would be if you had an average mostly sessioned dog. By entering early and taking all the other good handlers with your non-competitive point fodder dogs you can pretty well block anyone else from winning.

Robbie
 DragonFire Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/9/2007 11:07:36 AM reply with quote send message to DragonFire Kennels Object to Post

Thanks everyone for being so kind. Norge, we should definately try to keep in touch. happy :)

I hope you guys can fix the stacking situation. That bugs me to no end. I don't know how satisfying it is to finish a dog that way. I personally prefer to let the dog finish by its own merits.

Dragon

Replies in this thread : 114
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.